Solved

Pre-order questions

• 8 November 2020
  • 2 replies

Userlevel 1

Hi all,

I’m new to iD mobile and have pre-ordered the iPhone 12 Pro Max 512GB which doesn’t launch until 08/12/2020. Obviously in the meantime I intend to continue using my current phone with my current provider.

Can anyone confirm the following for me please?:

• Will I still be charged for the first month prior to receiving the phone? (i.e. will I pay £59.99 for the month from 8/11 to 8/12 which I have not been able to use the service because I don’t have the handset)

OR

• Do I only start getting charged once I have received the phone and have activated the SIM?

OR

• Will I receive a SIM card separately (sooner?)

Secondly, I want to port my phone number across from my current provider to my new plan with iD mobile once I receive the new handset. I’m aware that I need to request a PAC code from my current provider, which is fine, but is there any time limit in which this must be done? If I receive my SIM card before the new handset arrives (or, if I’m paying for it, and it’s therefore active(?) but I’m not actually using it, I then don’t want to be stuck with that phone number.

My assumption is that the number can be changed via a PAC code at any time, but again, seeing as I’m new to iD mobile, I just wanted to confirm this.

Cheers,

Rich

icon

Best answer by Mohammed 10 November 2020, 14:59

View original

This topic has been closed for comments

2 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +10

Hello @RichB93,

Thanks for your questions and welcome to iD, I’d be happy to answer these.

You’ll be billed for the contract on activation. 

The contract is activated when the handset is dispatched.

Since we send this via DPD, you should get this the next working day (except some areas like Scotland, NI etc), you can check this on DPD’s website).

Generally, mainland UK is next day delivery.

So you’ll still be paying for your old contract with your old network until it’s cancelled.

You can get a cheap PAYG SIM from a different network (not iD and I’ll explain further down *1).

You can then port the number over to that SIM and then port back out in December when the phone arrives.

Only do this if you’re out of contract and do not want to be billed for the full old contract price during this wait.

As for porting, once you get the phone, (the SIM will arrive with this, not sooner), you can register for an iD account via our website.

You’ll need the iD SIM in the phone to do this.

Then you can click My Services > Keep your number and enter the PAC code and number to keep to switch over.

PAC codes last 30-days and then expire before a new one needs to be requested.

So request this in early December and you should be okay.

*1 You can’t port from an iD SIM to another iD SIM which is why I mentioned above a different network if you did want to switch to a PAYG SIM to save a bit of money if you’re out of contract.

This option is not mandatory and only a choice I’d take if you’re out of contract with your old network. Will save a few ££ that’s all.

Mohammed

Userlevel 1

Good morning Mohammed,

Thank you so much for the clarification on everything - much appreciated!

Kind regards,

Rich

Why iD Mobile?