Solved

Problem with port-in... no calls, data or texts

• 20 June 2020
  • 2 replies

Hi,

I got a new iD Mobile SIM and ported in my number from Smarty. The port date was yesterday,  Friday 19th June 2020.

My new SIM was working fine yesterday morning. Then around midday the old number ported to the new SIM. The old SIM went dead and so I threw it away. In the app dashboard it successfully shows my old number having replaced the temporary one. However I cannot make calls or receive calls, and there is no data connection (the icon does not appear), and I cannot send or receive texts. It shows "iD" as the network operator but I can't seem to access the network.

I have reset the network settings on my Android phone. I have restarted the phone many times. I have tried the SIM in my wife's phone and have the same problem. Her SIM works fine in my phone.

I am a hospital doctor and I came to iD Mobile because of the NHS promotion. But now I need my phone as I'm on shift at work in A&E and my number is dead :-(

Please advise / help!!!

icon

Best answer by Rory 23 June 2020, 15:06

View original

2 replies

Userlevel 5
Badge +6

Hi @coffeecup1234, I’m really sorry to hear about the issues you’ve been having since porting your number into iD Mobile.

If we can’t get you up and running, we’ll be happy to give you a new PAC; somebody from the team will drop you a private message shortly.

Thank you,

Rory

After 4 (FOUR) days without a mobile signal, I just want a PAC code to leave this network and go to another network.

However, the PAC code I am presented with (in the app and on the website) is the same old PAC that I gave iD Mobile when I ported in.

Please can someone tell me how to get a fresh PAC from this network? I cannot even send a text as my SIM is not recognised on your network.

Thank you. 

Why iD Mobile?