SIM activated but not working

• 5 September 2020
  • 4 replies

Hi I’ve activated my SIM on iD mobile app but no network identified in my phone general settings? Have checked coverage, handset compatibility, I’ve tried turning my phone off and on again and I’ve tried switching to airplane mode for 30 seconds. Help?

4 replies

Userlevel 5
Badge +6

Hi @User060920, I’ve changed your username as it contained information that could be used to personally identify you. 

Have you tried resetting the network settings on your phone? If you let me know the make and model of the handset, I can walk you through this.

If you could also confirm your postcode for me, we can check for any service disruption in your area.

Thank you,

Rory

Hi Rory, thank you for your reply. I’ve tried resetting the network settings - still no service. Can you please direct message me so I can give the the personal information you asked for? 

It’s an iPhone XR 

Userlevel 5
Badge +6

Hi @User060920, can you please try this for me first of all? On your iPhone, go to Settings > General > Reset > Reset Network Settings.

This will reset any Wi-Fi networks too, so you’ll need to set these up again.

Once you’ve done this, please reset your phone again and let me know if this resolves the issue.

Thank you,

Rory

Why iD Mobile?