Question

SIM card

• 28 October 2018
  • 9 replies

I have tried to put my SIM card in to another phone and it said it needed to be unlocked can this be done & how?

9 replies

Userlevel 6
Badge +10
Hi @Lozman69,

The resolution here would depend on what the message on the phone states. If the SIM card is locked, then we can issue you with a PUK code which will unlock the SIM card for use in the phone. You can obtain this by contacting our Live Chat team.

If the phone is network locked, then you'll need to contact the supplier of the phone to ask them to unlock it for use with other network SIM cards.

Feel free to come back and tell us what it shows or post a screenshot and we'll advise further. :)

Ryan

Hi, 

I recently tried to put my SIM into a new phone, however my SIM was not recognised in the phone. I then placed my SIM back in my current phone and now my SIM is not recognised and I cannot receive calls or texts. Is it best to order a replacement  SIM card and if so how can I do this? 

Thanks

Userlevel 3
Badge +5

Hi @Marycollins 

Welcome to the iD Community. 

Have you tried to connect to the network manually? 

Does the phone have any reception? 

Regards 

Aklima 

Thank you for your reply.

The phone doesn’t have any reception, states there is no network available. The phone is a Samsung J3, how would I connect manually? 

Userlevel 4
Badge +2

Hi @Marycollins 

Welcome to iD Community.

All mobiles bought from iD should arrive with the right settings already configured. If you haven’t then please click on this link below and it should guide you on how to set up your phone manually.

https://www.idmobile.co.uk/help-and-advice/get-your-settings?_ga=2.90531548.710706933.1587715759-494818187.1580224089

Let us know how you get on.

Thanks, 

Pearl

Hi Pearl, this doesn’t work as my SIM card is now not being recognised and I can’t receive texts and calls. My phone had previously worked with said SIM card, but I took it out of the phone the other week and now it’s not being recognised. 

Thanks

Userlevel 6
Badge +8

Have you changed Tariffs at all recently @Marycollins ?

Cheers,

Will

Hi Will, 

No I haven’t changed tariffs recently.

My daughter tried to put my sim in her iPhone as she no longer needed it as had a s new one, but the no network, no SIM card message came up. When she then went to put it back into my phone, the sim again was not being recognised and states no network. Can’t send/receive any phone calls or texts. 

Thanks, 

Mary

Userlevel 6
Badge +8

I’ve dropped you a PM with some information as to how you can get in touch with us @Marycollins .

Cheers,

Will

Why iD Mobile?