Question

SIM card Active but I have no service

• 31 May 2019
  • 1 reply

I bought the iPhone XS Max from Carphone Warehouse in April.

At the same time, I swapped from another network to a pay-monthly plan with ID, and I swapped my number over.

Due to being in hospital I have only just got around to setting up the new phone. However, when I have put the SIM into the phone, I have no service. I tried all of the tips on the website (such as trying aeroplane mode etc) but none of these worked and so I tried to find other ways around this.

When I try to activate the sim, it tells me that the sim is already active.

When I try to register a new account, it asks me to enter the 8 digit code that has been sent to me, but as I have no service I cannot receive this message.

If I try to log in to an account, or enter forgotten password, it tells me to enter a valid email address.

I cannot get any service on the phone what-so-ever, and need it ASAP as I am due to go back into hospital and need my phone.

Nothing I try seems to work and I need this fixing ASAP. I just don't know what else to try.

Please can someone help me

Thanks

1 reply

Userlevel 2
Badge +6
Hi shevaun94,

Thank you for reaching out to us here, we're sorry to see you're having this problem.

Can you confirm that your iPhone has the latest software installed and if you are able to test the SIM in any other phone?

The SIM you've received should already be active but if you try these 2 things and nothing works, please let us know.

-Phil

Why iD Mobile?