Solved

SIM not active - how can I activate it

• 7 September 2020
  • 5 replies

Hello,

I already have an unused IDMOBILE sim and had hoped to use that. Is that possible? I’d rather not wait for a new one.

Can the one I already have be activated on my account.

I’ve loaded the sim and the phone (Samsung A21s) says it’s not active.

icon

Best answer by theflash 9 September 2020, 14:45

View original

5 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +10

Hello @theflash,

Sorry, just a little confused by the above.

In regards to multiple accounts in one dashboard, we’ve fed that back, it’s something we hope is available in the future :)

As for the SIMs, how many SIM cards do you have and how many do you need? We just want to make sure that you don’t end up with several SIMs that you’re charged for that are not being used. 

All of our SIMs are activated upon dispatch (with the exception of a replacement SIM sent out by our Customer Services).

Mohammed

Userlevel 7
Badge +10

Hello @theflash,

Can you just clarify for us.

Is this SIM active? Or was it disconnected etc?

If the SIM was disconnected, we can’t re-connect this.

Mohammed

Hello, 

The SIM; received as a duplicate for for another connection. Another was ordered as it was thought it was lost in post. turns out both turned up as the former was just slow delivery. It was never used or registered - it was from a sealed IDmobile envelope.

As this can easily get confusing:

• Account REMOVED
    • SIM1 - Original order for (another) Account REMOVED. Delayed delivery prompting another sent out, (SIM2). SIM Status = Still sealed and waiting for handset (S9) to be delivered! Hoping we don’t get issues getting that connected.
    • SIM2 - Duplicate of the above but tried on A21s but showing as not connected. Status = This is the one currently installed in my A21s that doesn’t seem to work. Its not clear if it’s ‘activated or not’. I don’t think it ever has been*
  • My @theflash  account
    • SIM3 - Actual SIM as part of this order - pending delivery. I’m guessing this will just work as it’s automatically activated on ‘this’ account for me, @theflash 

*I don’t think the SIM2, currently installed has been activated. it’s not clear if the reorder process would have automatically activated SIM2 in place of SIM1 for that account.

I’m inclined to leave this all alone now as activation seems less than straight forward. Also I feel it’s likely to mess up the SIM1 activation for another member of the household.

With ‘giffgaff’ you can simply just get a new sim and self activate it easily - I’d hoped your service would be like that.

On a side note - +1 for getting group/teams account for multiple SIMs on the same account. That would be awesome. AMybe something like what ‘smarty’ do.

Paul

Further to my last post - If I can get ‘SIM2’ activated easily great. Lets do that.

To be clear i’m only keen to do that to get going earlier. No other advantage.

However; if this activating SIM2 is going to mess up the activation of the other account, I’d rather just wait as its likely to arrive later this week anyway.

Paul

My SIM, (SIM3 from above) turned up in the post today.

Going to just use that. Hope it works out.

So, it seems just order your SIM and be patient, (~3days). its not so easy to use another SIM even if you do happen to have one thats not activated it’s more effort than it’s worth to try get it connected.

Best.

ps. SIM1 was installed in S9 and worked off the bat for the other account.

Why iD Mobile?