Solved

Sim Not Supported

• 25 April 2020
  • 7 replies

I have put in a new ID sim into an old IPhone 7, the phone should not be locked to any network as it was bought from Apple, but it still says Sim not supported. Any ideas?

icon

Best answer by Michelle 21 February 2021, 17:59

View original

7 replies

Userlevel 6
Badge +8

The first thing that comes to mind would be that the handset is locked, even though you purchased it from Apple directly, this can still happen. It may be worth contacting the previous provider used with the handset and asking if they’ve locked it. If not, please let us know and we’ll try a few other things @Rickyneil .

Cheers,

Will

Hi, I'm having the same issues & I've tried this and still not working. It appears to be open to I'd Mobile but we're still getting sim not reported as an error. We've tried sims from voxi/ Vodafone and there's not been an issue. So frustrating - would appreciate any other ideas. Thanks 

Userlevel 5
Badge +8

Hi @Ddrmum 

Do you know which network the phone was originally purchased with?

Thanks

Michelle 

iD Mobile 

Hi, unfortunately I don't but gave attached a screenshot of the settings which seems to show the carrier as iD but doesn't read the sim. Does this mean that it can use iD or is further unlocking required? It is supposed to be unlocked. Thanks. 

Userlevel 6
Badge +4

Hi @Ddrmum 

It does seem the phone is locked. If the phone was unlocked to all UK networks then the iD sim should work. Do you know where the phone was purchased from?

-Mohsin

It was bought 2nd hand for my daughter so I don't know what the original carrier was. I thought that it was recognising the network from the screen shot but perhaps this isn't the case. Is there any way I'd working out which network it appears to be on?  It works fine on my voxi SIM . 

Thanks, brenda

Userlevel 6
Badge +4

Hi @Ddrmum 

Are you able to try using another network sim apart from iD and Voxi to see if this works in the phone?

-Mohsin

Why iD Mobile?