Solved

Switching to ID mobile

• 5 March 2019
  • 4 replies

Hi, I am considering moving to iD from Virgin Mobile. I am currently on a rolling monthly deal that starts and ends on the 24th of each month. Would it be possible to apply for an 'iD Pay Monthly SIM' that starts on a specific date - in my case 25/3/2019, and have my current mobile number switch over on that specific date too?
icon

Best answer by Gregor 5 March 2019, 16:05

View original

4 replies

Userlevel 8
Badge +9
Hi @Lee Duggan

I am pretty sure that you cannot setup specific date when your contract will start, because it will be activated automatically in 48h after posting new SIM to you. If you are planning on moving your number from Virgin to ID then you should request PAC code number from them and set it up after registering to ID Mobile App. When you complete these steps and pay your first bill then you will be able to change Direct Debit date to 25th each month I you would like to do that.

Kind Regards
Userlevel 6
Badge +10
Hi @Lee Duggan,

@Hikari is correct, the contract will start shortly after purchase. You can port in your number to us at any time though, so you can buy the contract now and then move your old number over to us when you're ready, using a PAC code from your current network.

Ryan

Im switching my old number with pac code doesn't work its said PAC/STAC field cannot contain VTM

Userlevel 7
Badge +10

Hello @Samad Ali,

Just to confirm, which network are you switching from?

If you’re already on iD Mobile and trying to switch your number from one SIM plan to another it’s not possible.

VTM is our own PAC codes and it is not possible to port from iD Mobile to iD Mobile.

Mohammed

Why iD Mobile?