Sticky Question

Transfer my mobile number to iD

• 16 March 2018
  • 63 replies

Userlevel 8
Badge

When you join us from another network, you’ll probably want to keep your old mobile number.

Don’t worry, it’s not complicated. We’ve made it really easy for you. Just follow these simple steps, and its job done!

Don’t know your PAC from your STAC? We’ve explained the differences between these two things below

What is the difference between a PAC and a STAC

Your PAC is a code that lets you bring your mobile from one network to iD Mobile when you switch to us your old account with your previous network will disconnect.

A STAC is a code that’ll get you a brand-new number on iD Mobile and your old account and number with your previous provider will disconnect when you switch.

How do I get my PAC or STAC?

• PAC

If you want to keep your mobile number and move to iD Mobile simply text

PAC and send it to 65075

Its totally free and will also include important information about any early termination charges or pay-as-you-go credit balances

Reminder: you will have 30 days in which to provide your PAC to us

• STAC

If you don’t need to keep your number and want to move to iD Mobile simple text

STAC and send it to 75075

Again, its totally free and will also include important information about any early termination charges or pay-as-you-go credit balances

Reminder: you will have 30 days in which to provide your STAC to us

Once you have the relevant code, you can enter it either through the iD Mobile app following the below steps or through our website here

Step 1. Log in

Step 2. Go to services
Log in to your app or ‘My Account’. Click ‘Services’ at the bottom of your app screen or ‘My Services’ on the left of your ‘My Account’ homepage.

Step 3. Go to ‘Keep my number’
Select 'Transfer my number' in the ‘Keep my number’ section of the app.

Step 4. Enter your PAC and Submit
Enter the mobile number that you want to keep using, and your PAC code. Then press 'Submit'.

That’s all there is to it. Your number should be transferred within 1-2 working days, depending on the time of day you submitted your request. If it was after 5.30pm, it takes 2 working days.

Please note: porting in doesn't interrupt your iD Mobile connection. You can use it as normal while we process your request.

If you’ve got a question, ask below. Or if you’ve got any handy ‘keep my number’ tips of your own, feel free to share.

63 replies

Userlevel 6
Badge +8

Hi @orangeorange and @Libby Henton,

We’ll shortly send you a Private Message to your Community account, so we can discuss your issue further.

To access your messages, click your profile picture in the top right hand corner and then click ‘Private Messages’.

Alternatively, if you are currently logged in, you can use the following link: https://community.idmobile.co.uk/inbox/overview

We’ll see you there.

Will

Hi, I recently submitted my PAC code to transfer my number over on the ID mobile app and I’ve just had a text from ID saying ‘We have tried to process your PAC/STAC but we ran into an issue - the iD mobile number, last name or transaction number you entered is incorrect. But I put in the correct info. What should I do??

Hi @Ryan 

Are you able to assist with my failed PAC transfer? I’ve been in contact with ID support via live chat 3 times now I believe, each time they say it will be fixed within 24-48 hours but I am still here without my original mobile number.

I’ve been without it for a week and it is causing so many issues with my business as I cannot login to my accounts due to 2FA requiring my mobile number for example the HMRC website and PayPal. :tired_face:

My recent ticket number is -248269083. I was going to go on live chat today again but it seems to be offline.

Thanks.

Userlevel 6
Badge +10

Hi @Jckm,

That’s correct, you can move a phone number from the Three network and over to our network. 🙂

@jo_iliev, did you managed to get your port sorted or do you need further help?

Ryan

I am already on Three on a pay monthly SIM, no contract.  Can I transfer to an ID plan delivered by Three, and keeping my mobile number currently on Three by getting a PAC code from Three?

Hello. Today, I received my SIM card and wanted to transfer my number.
But when I fill everything, it says that the phone number or PAC code is incorrect.
I checked several times, no mistake.
Help me.

Userlevel 6
Badge +10

Hi @madb2000,

I’m sorry to hear about that issue. You may need to update your phone settings just in case the iPhone has not done this already. Please try each step in order and let us know how it goes:

1)    Turn off iMessage (Settings > Messages)
2)    Restart your phone (by pressing and holding the on/off button)
3)    Tap Settings > Phone > My Number and confirm that it is correct. 
4)    If it is not correct, please enter the correct number
5)    Turn iMessage back to On (Settings > Messages)
6)    Finally, go to Settings > Messages > Send & Receive and see if the correct number is displayed under “Start new conversations from:”. 

Ryan

I received a PAC code from my old network, and thought that this old number would be transferred fully and successfully, but it hasn’t. My mum keeps seeing the number on the new phone, and I’m not receiving some iMessages, some texts say they aren’t sending when they clearly are as people do respond, and my family couldn’t FaceTime me the other day and I couldn’t use through the app either. It seems like it’s 50/50 where it works and it doesn’t and it’s incredibly frustrating as I want to make sure it has transferred successfully and fully as I cannot afford to be charged from my past company, which had text me saying that I hadn’t used my PAC code yet, which I definitely have and have my old number on here. The confusion is massive. 

When you join us from another network, you’ll probably want to keep your old mobile number.

Don’t worry, it’s not complicated. We’ve made it really easy for you. Just follow these simple steps, and its job done!

Don’t know your PAC from your STAC? We’ve explained the differences between these two things below

Your PAC is a code that lets you bring your mobile from one network to iD Mobile when you switch to us your old account with your previous network will disconnect.

A STAC is a code that’ll get you a brand-new number on iD Mobile and your old account and number with your previous provider will disconnect when you switch.

• PAC

PAC and send it to 65075

Its totally free and will also include important information about any early termination charges or pay-as-you-go credit balances

• STAC

Again, its totally free and will also include important information about any early termination charges or pay-as-you-go credit balances

Once you have the relevant code, you can enter it either through the iD Mobile app following the below steps or through our website here

Step 1. Log in

Step 2. Go to services
Log in to your app or ‘My Account’. Click ‘Services’ at the bottom of your app screen or ‘My Services’ on the left of your ‘My Account’ homepage.

Enter the mobile number that you want to keep using, and your PAC code. Then press 'Submit'.

That’s all there is to it. Your number should be transferred within 1-2 working days, depending on the time of day you submitted your request. If it was after 5.30pm, it takes 2 working days.

Please note: porting in doesn't interrupt your iD Mobile connection. You can use it as normal while we process your request.

If you’ve got a question, ask below. Or if you’ve got any handy ‘keep my number’ tips of your own, feel free to share.

• PAC

PAC and send it to 65075

• STAC

Step 1. Log in

Step 2. Go to services

Please note: porting in doesn't interrupt your iD Mobile connection. You can use 

Userlevel 1

I am trying to transfer my old number and i keep getting a message that my old number or PAC are wrong. They are not. Please fix this urgently.

Userlevel 6
Badge +8

Hi @Anitabrink,

It sounds like it’s fine, but we’ll double check for you if you like?

If so, please reply to the Private Message we’re about to send you, and we’ll take it from there.

Will

Hi @Anitabrink,

Is this on the App, or via a web browser? If it’s a web browser, have you tried using a different one, or refreshing the page?

Will

Hi Will, I have just received a text message.

We have tried to process your PAC/STAC but ran into an issue - the iD mobile number, last name or transaction number you entered is incorrect. 
Can you please help me with this?

Thank you so much,

Anita

Userlevel 6
Badge +8

Hi @Anitabrink,

Is this on the App, or via a web browser? If it’s a web browser, have you tried using a different one, or refreshing the page?

Will

Hello, 

I requested the number change from EE to ID. Filled in the form and pressed submit but nothing happens, I also don’t get a confirmation. 

Can someone please help me? 

Userlevel 7
Badge +10

Hello @xanderd,

When you want to switch to SIM only you would log into the iD app/account and click My Account > Upgrade then select SIM only and find the plan.

Some plans are exclusive deals as joining new so may not always show.

It sounds like here you have ordered a new contract with a new number.

We can’t transfer an iD number from one account to another, unfortunately.

Did you want to keep the number? If so, we can help with cancelling the new contract and you should be able to upgrade to a SIM only.

Otherwise, if you’re happy to lose the number, we can simply cancel the old contract.

Let us know if you need any help with this and we’ll be able to support.

Mohammed

We couldn’t find any option in the app to switch from a contract to the 8GB/£10 month SIM only deal, so we ordered a new ID SIM and asked for a PAC code to keep the old number.

Now the new SIM s in but it says it won’t accept PAC codes from ID only from other networks! Why? How can we switch to the desired plan and keep the number?

Crazily, it’s much easier to switch to a different network than stick with ID.

Userlevel 6
Badge +8

Hi @Rachael13,

Have you tried submitting it on a different browser or device?

Will

Trying to port my number over to ID from another network and for this message. 

We have tried to process your PAC/STAC but we ran into an issue - the iD mobile number, last name or transaction number you entered is incorrect. Please contact Customer Services www.idmobile.co.uk/contact-us

also received no details yet of my account and direct debit

Userlevel 6
Badge +8

No worries @Jpap.

Please let us know if you need anything else.

Will

Hi Ryan, 

It hasn’t transferred yet but I have spoken with someone and they have said it should transfer by 6 pm tonight.

Thank you for getting back to me though.

Jenny

Userlevel 6
Badge +10

Hi @Jpap,

I am sorry to hear about that. Has your number transferred over since your last post? If not, please let us know and we will have this looked into further.

Ryan

Hi, I requested a transfer to iD and was advised on Wednesday 6th that there was an error on the form so I completed a new form with the PAC number from EE and it still hasn’t transferred. I’ve messaged the live chat but no agents available. Please can you help?

Thank you

Jenny

Userlevel 7
Badge +10

Hello  @KTHO,

Glad to hear that the number has now ported over.

You’ll need to restart for the full efects to take place.

Mohammed

Hi @KTHO,

Is your surname double barrelled at all?

Will

Hi Will

No its not double barrelled.

However since my last post I received a text message that my number has now transferred over so I didn't need to do anything.

Many thanks for replying, appreciate it.

Katie

Userlevel 6
Badge +8

Hi @KTHO,

Is your surname double barrelled at all?

Will

Why iD Mobile?