Solved

Transferred my number - but it’s not working!

• 1 December 2018
  • 6 replies

I recently bought a new phone on an iD contract. I set up the iPhone with the sim iD gave me, and then a couple of days later got my old number transferred using a pac code. However, it won’t let me use my data or call anyone. It Justs says, “number not recognised.” Any help please?
icon

Best answer by Ryan 5 December 2018, 17:12

View original

6 replies

Userlevel 6
Badge +10
Hi @xalishba2004,

I am sorry to hear this. Are you still having these issues? If so, please restart your phone and then let me know if this has made any difference.

Ryan
I have restarted and it has not worked. I’ve contacted iD too and their suggestion did not work either
Userlevel 6
Badge +10
Hi @xalishba2004,

What you may need to do is set the phone up for internet access. On your iPhone, please visit your Settings and then go to General and then find Reset. Once there, select Reset Network Settings and you'll see your phone restart.

This will install the internet settings again for your phone automatically to enable data access. Please note, this will also remove your saved WiFi passwords so you'll need to add these again.

Ryan
Hey Ryan,

Unfortunately, that hasn’t worked either. I think I’m just having to go to Carphone Warehouse or wherever, as I can’t text anyone either and it’s rayner inconvenient
*rather
Userlevel 6
Badge +10
Hi @xalishba2004,

Hmm it does seem a strange one. Does the issue happen when you use the SIM card in another phone too? If it does, then we can rule out a device issue.

Ryan

Why iD Mobile?