Solved

Unable to receive texts since porting in number from tpo

• 25 February 2019
  • 3 replies

As per the title, I have been unable to receive text messages since porting in my number from tpo. The first time I contacted id via live chat they were unable to resolve and told me to go in-store, which I did only to be told there was nothing they could do and to call customer service again. Got home and used live chat again to be told there is a problem with number ports from tpo and to give it a couple of days. So called customer service today and no mention of problems with tpo and that problem will be escalated to tech support and can take 5days. I'am now beginning to regret my decision to move to iD if this is the level of customer service I can expect. Are there any other ex tpo customers having the same problem?
icon

Best answer by Ryan 26 February 2019, 14:32

View original

3 replies

Just been told by iD Mobile that a lot of number transfers are still with TPO to activate, but unless they happen today then they won't at all as they'll be out of business - and I made the request in good time (4 working days ago). My wife and son managed to transfer to Sky and GiffGaff with no problem after applying at the same time though. Anyone else having this problem? If your number hasn't transferred then you won't be getting your texts. Dial your number from another phone and see if it reaches you - if not then this will probably explain why.
Number has actually ported or so they tell me, but I'm not receiving any text messages and I keep being fobbed off by customer services.
Userlevel 6
Badge +10
Hi both,

It is disappointing to hear about what has happened here. The problem with the ports have been caused by the system on TPO's side, so we're not able to directly control how quickly this will be resolved, however rest assured that we are working as hard as we can to ensure we obtain a fix from TPO as soon as we can.

Ryan

Why iD Mobile?