Solved

Unable to recieve incoming telephone calls

• 7 January 2019
  • 6 replies

Hello, I am hoping someone maybe able to assist me regarding a problem with incoming calls. Any advice would be greatly appreciated.

The problem:

I activated my sim/account a few weeks ago.

I am unable to recieve incoming telephone calls. I can recieve texts (I have text myself to check). My internet works perfectly. I can make calls fine too. Its just I am unable to recieve any calls, when someone tries to phone me it doesn't ring its just one long beep (like the line is disconnected).

I did port my old number accross about a week+ ago. My old number that I ported across looks to be set up as when I phone someone it shows the correct number.

I have tried downloding the MMS/Internet settings and have activated them accordingly yet the problem persists.
I've checked the details match against what they should be on the manual settings page and they do.

My phone is a S6 (Samsung).

Any help or advice would be greatly appreciated.

Thank you & Kind regards.
icon

Best answer by Daz316 8 January 2019, 20:13

View original

6 replies

Userlevel 8
Badge +9
Hi @Daz316

I have only one solution that I can think of for your issue.

Did you try reinsterting your SIM card or rebooting your phone? If not then this could be an option.

Let us know if that helped. If not we will think of different options for you.
Userlevel 2
Badge +6
Hi Daz316

It sounds like your port may not have been completed fully. If we can get some details we'll work to get this sorted for you.

Can you please use our live chat service here to start this.

-Phil
Thank you for your replies and help offered it is much appreciated.
I contacted the customer service team just now and was advised they havn't recieved a RSP file I believe they called it from my old network provider so they wasn't able to port the number over. This has been requested today.
I am advised to wait until Sunday as they expect the file to have been recieved by then.

I am a little confused as my ported number displays on other peoples phones already when I phone them & also displays on text messages when I text people/myself so I presumed my number was ported accross.

I have tried taking the sim out & putting back in previously / turning phone off & back on but no joy.

Thank you for your assistance & help.

Kind regards.
Update on my issue.

Sunday has come & gone and yet still the problem remains. I contacted my previous provider & was advised all informaion was provided previously (Well before I contacted ID Mobile customer service).
I feel I was fobbed off by ID mobile customer service when told to wait until Sunday 14/01/2019.

I am now going to raise a complaint regarding how I have been treated and paying for a service I do not recieve.

I've upgraded my phone and changed my contact payments. But I still can't ring out on my new phone and it's been over a week now. 

I've never experienced this before.  I cant seem to get hold of anyone to speak to to fix the issue 

Userlevel 4
Badge +10

We’re sorry to hear of this @adele13 

We’ll message you new privately so that we can take further details and look into this for you.

If you could respond there, we’ll help further.

Why iD Mobile?