Question

Unable to use phone ....

• 17 June 2020
  • 5 replies

Hi everyone …. Firstly, I’m a technophobe when it comes to phones!  Please be gentle!

OK … this morning I was expecting a call from my mate Jade.  Late morning I got an email from her saying that she’d been calling, but it was just going straight to voicemail.

I had a look … all seemed to be in order.  The phone was OK, the sound was turned on (ie not in Silent), connected to home wifi …

Then I tried to call Jade … and I get a message saying “Cellular Network is not available.  Connect to a wireless network to make a call”.  No matter what I seem to do I get this message.  I’m not getting any calls, which is unusual, I’m not getting any texts.

As I said at the top, I’m a real technophobe when it comes to phones, and in this situation whould normally call the helpline … if it was 1) open and 2) I could use my phone!!

Anyone got any ideas??

5 replies

Userlevel 4
Badge +2

Hi @DaveYox 

Sorry to hear about this. 

But we can surely get this looked into for you.

I’ll get someone to pick this up for you and they’ll contact you via a private message shortly.

Pearl

Hi, I have been trying to call my parents in Italy but the message i received is that it i am unable to make this call? Why do id mobile network constantly insist that phone requires to be topped up. THIS HAPPENS EVERY YEAR AND IT IS VERY DISTRESSING!!!!! Can anyone help? I know my balance is full and yet can’t make any calls :-(

Userlevel 7
Badge +7

@marcoplacentino,

Sorry to hear that you are unable to make calls to Italy. Is it a pay monthly contract that you have or pay as you go?

You can take a look at the costs of calling Italy HERE. Also please ensure that you have the dialling code 0039 before the number.

Kash

i am unable to make or receive calls

Userlevel 4
Badge +10

We’re sorry to hear that @conmac345 

When did this problem first start?

Could we get a full postcode for the area you’re having issues in so that we can take a further look into this for you?

Thanks

Why iD Mobile?