Best answer by Mohammed
Thanks for confirming this.
In regards to the iPhone's getting the wrong number, this indicates it may be the iMessage number needing to be manually updated.
Can you try the following:
2) then restart your phone (by pressing and holding the on/off button)
3) tap Settings > Phone > My Number and confirm that it is correct.
4) If it is not correct, please enter the correct number)
5) then turn iMessage back to On (Settings > Messages)
6) go to Settings > Messages > Send & Receive and see if the correct number is displayed under “Start new conversations from:”
In some cases, when you port over your number, iMessage doesn't update the number automatically. This is why for calls, your ported number shows but when you text people, they see the old iD Number.
Once that updates, it may well also resolve the issue of texting non-iPhones.
Can you test this and let me know please?