Solved

Undelivered texts and imported number issues

• 1 July 2018
  • 5 replies

I’ve recently joined this network and imported my number, I’m having a few issues firstly text messages are only sometimes getting delivered, most of the time is coming up undelivered sometimes it’s not delivered at all, but others they’ve had it 3 times, and sometimes it works, my other issue is I imported my number but for a few people it comes up with the wrong number but others it works fine, I’m not very technical so please keep it simple 😊
icon

Best answer by Mohammed 6 July 2018, 12:44

View original

5 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +10
Hello @Brunster,

Let's try get to the bottom of this and see if we can sort this.

Is it a specific person/number who is having issues receiving your texts?

Is this an iPhone you're using or a different device?

Mohammed
Hi Mohammed

its an iPhone 8, the undelivered ones are none iPhones, and the wrong number are iPhones (so far) and it’s more than one person for both 🙂
Userlevel 7
Badge +10
Hello @Brunster,

Thanks for confirming this.

In regards to the iPhone's getting the wrong number, this indicates it may be the iMessage number needing to be manually updated.

Can you try the following:1) Try turning off iMessage (Settings > Messages)
2) then restart your phone (by pressing and holding the on/off button)
3) tap Settings > Phone > My Number and confirm that it is correct.
4) If it is not correct, please enter the correct number)
5) then turn iMessage back to On (Settings > Messages)
6) go to Settings > Messages > Send & Receive and see if the correct number is displayed under “Start new conversations from:”

In some cases, when you port over your number, iMessage doesn't update the number automatically. This is why for calls, your ported number shows but when you text people, they see the old iD Number.

Once that updates, it may well also resolve the issue of texting non-iPhones.

Can you test this and let me know please?

Mohammed
Hiya, I think we have resolved the issues last night, yep it was the iMessage set up for number and I non delivered messages has been ok so far but I’ve not sent many so still testing 😊
Userlevel 7
Badge +10
Hiya, I think we have resolved the issues last night, yep it was the iMessage set up for number and I non delivered messages has been ok so far but I’ve not sent many so still testing 😊

That's awesome @Brunster,

I'm glad to hear this seems to have resolved the issue.

I've marked the topic as resolved but if it isn't and you're still having issues, do let us know here so we can un-resolve it for you and investigate the issues further.

Mohammed

Why iD Mobile?