Solved

Unlimted Data Question

• 12 April 2020
  • 8 replies

Userlevel 1

Hello, I am wanting to purchase an unlimted sim only for everything for a 30 day contract.

I have a few questions that I'm hoping if anyone has the answer for.

If I do go for unlimted data is there any set restrictions as I cant seem to find any information to relate to this?

And could I use my unlimited data to use as a wifi hotspot for my laptop if I am working in my garden?

What are the speeds for unlimited data?

icon

Best answer by Gregor 12 April 2020, 19:18

View original

8 replies

Userlevel 4
Badge +10

Hi @Ali Haider 

If you’re tethering other phones or a laptop for instance, to do general browsing and such.  Then I believe that should work fine, and at no extra cost.

From past experience, I think certain services like online gaming (Xbox Live, etc) either don’t work or work quite badly.  So we’d not be the ideal choice if that was the plan there.

Hello I’m looking to get an unlimited Data plan soon. But I was wondering would I be able to use the sim as a personal hotspot without any extra charges. So is tethering free without any extra charges .

Userlevel 6
Badge +8

Hi @kam95 , we’re sorry to hear you aren’t happy with your deal. You shouldn’t need to pay a full months line rental for the next month if you’re still within the initial 30 days of having the SIM card and cancelling it. If you want further assistance and info with your disconnection, please check you PMs.

Cheers,

Will

Userlevel 1

Hello @Gregor 

I am wanting to cancel my contract today simple as I am not happy with my tariff in general.

I have followed the steps and it has stated I will be charged for the following:

£11.84 line rental that is left

Followed by the monthly plan of £20.00

I am cancelling within my 30 day period and I believe the 14 day period as well. So i shouldn't be charged for this matter.

Thank you

Userlevel 1

Hey Gregor,

Thank you for your super quick reply, this has helped me massively. I have ordered my sim and will be looking forward to it.

Thank you

Userlevel 8
Badge +9

Hey @kam95 

You won't be required to pay cancellation. You cancellation will be instant within first 30 days and after that you will need to give iD Mobile 30 days notice period and there will be no penalties either 🙂

Kind Regards 

Gregor

Userlevel 1

Hello

Thank you for you instant reply.

Was really helpful.

Just one last thing, because I will be buying a 30 day contract and not a 12 month or a 24 month contract.

If I do decide I'm not happy with the package after 10 days let's say, would I be required to pay a cancellation fee?

Many thanks

Userlevel 8
Badge +9

Hey @kam95 

There is no restrictions on unlimited data. You can use it as much as you want as long as you won't download 5 movies in 4K resolution at the same time because that may slow internet connection drastically. Tethering is also allowed but iD Mobile does not provide official support for it, which means you will be on your own in regards of getting it up and running or troubleshooting. Speeds aren't restricted either. You will receive maximum available speed depending on congestion of the network.

Kind Regards 

Gregor

Why iD Mobile?