Solved

Upgraded phone/changed contract £00.01 from bank.

• 10 January 2019
  • 4 replies

I've had a 'ShockProof' contract with iD for over a year, 5GB data, unlimited texts/minutes for £10. Yesterday I decided to upgrade my contract to the same data/texts/minutes but on a Samsung S9 for £29.99 per month.

I went to the checkout, put in my details and all the rest but it only took £00.01p out of my bank and returned me to the start of the checkout, twice. What is happening? Is this normal? When am I expected to start my new contract and get my new phone?
icon

Best answer by Ryan 10 January 2019, 13:04

View original

4 replies

Userlevel 8
Badge +9
Hi AaronRS

This is to have your "credit check" done. I deduct that you should receive and email confirming that your credit check has been successful and you can proceed to upgrade your phone.

Have you checked your email inbox?

Regards
Hi Hikari,

Oh dear, I've done this about 4 times because I thought it was a glitch! Please don't say I've entered 4 different contracts!

And unfortunately I haven't received an email yet, I've been checking them religiously.

Regards
Userlevel 8
Badge +9
Just to be safe try calling ID Sales Team. Use this link here to get contact info. They will be able to help you with all the questions you have a process the upgrade for you on their side.
Userlevel 6
Badge +10
Hi @AaronRS,

The £0.01 payment is not necessarily for credit check purposes, it's more of an authorisation charge that is taken to ensure that the bank account details you have given us are fully active and to prevent any false purchases.

As Hikari has mentioned, please contact our Sales Team, or our Live Chat team here in order to ensure there haven't been multiple contracts purchased.

Ryan

Why iD Mobile?