Solved

Upgrading Motorola handset

• 23 July 2020
  • 5 replies

Hi, I have an old Moto G3 (Micro SIM) and intending to purchase a new Moto G8Power Lite (Nano SIM). Having previously purchased mobiles from the Car Phone Warehouse where all the setup and transfer was done for me I would now like to know how to do this for myself. What I’m looking for is a simple step by step guide as to how to setup the new mobile with my existing mobile number (Not moving networks) and also the transfer of my User data e.g. telephone contact details etc. Thank you in anticipation of someone being able to assist me.

icon

Best answer by Will 24 July 2020, 19:13

View original

5 replies

Userlevel 6
Badge +8

Hi @IvanIdea ,  all you need to do to transfer your existing number over to a new phone if you’re already with us, is upgrade. You can find all the available upgrades through the App, or on our website under the Upgrade section.

As for transferring all your data from one phone to the other, there maybe Apps that can assist you with this, but Motorola themselves seem to suggest that transferring to a PC may be required first. Please click here for more information on that.

I hope this helps, but if you need anything else, please let us know.

Will

Hi Will, thank you for your reply to my query. Rather than upgrade is it possible to keep the current SIM card contract that I have which is £8 a month for 500 mins, unlimited texts and 4.5 GB date? I am planning to purchase a Moto G8 Power Lite from Car Phone Warehouse @ £139.95. 

Userlevel 7
Badge +7

Hi @IvanIdea,

You can certainly look at doing that if you wish to continue with your SIM-only contract. 

All handset from Carphone Warehouse are unlocked so you should be good to insert the SIM and continue to use iD services.

Let us know if you require further assistance.

Kash

Hi, the Moto G3 that I have has a Micro SIM which I understand will not fit the Moto G8Power Lite I am looking to purchase. Is it possible to have a new Nano SIM supplied against my current SIM only contract (To retain my current mobile number) as I understand this is the SIM card type required for the Moto G8Power Lite? If this is possible is it just then a case of inserting the card into the new mobile and it will work with similar functionality to my current mobile without any other setup required? Also as I am looking to purchase the new mobile from Car Phone Warehouse and continue with my current IDMobile account will the Nano SIM be supplied free of charge? Finally how would I go about requesting the Nano SIM? Thank you.

Userlevel 7
Badge +7

Hi @IvanIdea,

We can certainly supply you with a new SIM card which you can use in your new handset.

Once you require the new SIM card please let us know and we can start the process of getting one sent to you.

You should be able to insert the SIM into the handset and start using the iD Services. However you would need to transfer any data such as numbers, pictures etc from your old handset to your new handset using a PC or laptop.

Kash

Why iD Mobile?