1. When you join iD Mobile.
2. If your SIM is lost or stolen.
3. If your SIM gets damaged.
4. If you upgrade with us, and your new phone takes a different SIM size.
5. If you get a new phone from elsewhere, and it takes a different SIM size.
If any of these apply to you, here are a few more details to help you out:
1. You join iD Mobile.
When you join iD Mobile, we send you a shiny new SIM card with three different sizes on it (standard, micro and nano). You just need to choose the size you need and push it out from the perforated edges. Then pop it into your phone and you’re good to go.
2. Your SIM is lost or stolen.
If your SIM is lost or stolen, you need to contact us as soon as possible and ask us to place a bar on your account. This stops any unauthorised usage. At the same time, you can ask us to send you a replacement SIM. Visit our lost and stolen webpage for more information.
3. Your SIM get damaged.
If your SIM has been damaged and doesn’t work, head to our contact page and hit the Live Chat button. One of our agents will arrange for a new SIM to be sent to you within 2-3 days. If you need a new SIM right away, visit your nearest Carphone Warehouse and buy a replacement one for £5. Then activate it by getting in touch with us via Live Chat, or calling 0333 003 7777.
4. You upgrade with us, and your new phone takes a different SIM size.
If you upgrade with us, we automatically post a new SIM to you. If you need to use it, head to our contact page, hit the Live Chat button, and tell the agent you’d like to process a SIM swap.
5. You get a new phone from elsewhere, and it takes a different SIM size.
To get a replacement SIM for your new ‘non-iD’ phone, it’s the same process as point number 3 above.