Question

When will my SIM-only contract start

• 2 October 2020
  • 2 replies

I’ve ordered a pay monthly SIM, but now I want to know if the contract will start as soon as it is delivered, or only when I activate the SIM?

I realised I haven’t used up all my credit on my old provider yet, and that could take a few weeks. 

2 replies

Userlevel 5
Badge +6

Hi @ardr78, the SIM is activated the moment it’s scanned out of our warehouse. I appreciate this might not be the answer you’re looking for, but the answer it is.

Thank you,

Rory

Thanks Rory for the answer. You’re correct that it is not the answer I was hoping for.

I think idmobile should consider changing the activation system to be more flexible to suit the customer’s needs. Either an option to start the contract at a later date, or at the point when the SIM is registered in a phone.

Failing that, much clearer guidance should be given in the ordering process that the contract starts immediately.

Either way, the contract should not start until the SIM has been delivered, rather than at the point it is sent. It’s ludicrous for a customer to be paying for service when the SIM is still in the post.

Kind regards,

Drew

Why iD Mobile?