Question

Why is my SIM card not working?

• 24 August 2020
  • 8 replies

Is this for real?

8 replies

Userlevel 6
Badge +3

@Geoffrey McC A very cryptic message… Fear not, we are here to help. Is there something we can help you with? 

Hi Emil,

My sim is not working.

Regards 

Geoffrey

Userlevel 6
Badge +3

Hey Geoffrey, 

When you say the sim is not working. Could you be more specific and share more detail so we can try to figure out the problem for you? 

Is it that your phone does not detect the sim card when inserted? Displays no service? etc

Let us know, and we can try to get to the bottom of this for you.

Userlevel 6
Badge +3

@Geoffrey McC 

Some of the possible causes may be that the SIM card is not inserted correctly, the SIM card or card slot in the device is broken or bent OR the SIM card is inactive.

Is this a new SIM card you are using? or one that has just stopped working?

Userlevel 7
Badge +10

Hi Emil,

My sim is not working.

Regards 

Geoffrey

Hey @Geoffrey McC,

As @Emil  has suggested, could you give us a little bit of informaiton on the issue and try some of the above? 

We can try to get to the bottom of this once we know more.

I’ve renamed your topic for clarity.

Mohammed

Could it be because I live on the Island called Ireland that all they have done is take my money and change the title when I ask a question? 

Userlevel 5
Badge +6

Hi @Geoffrey McC, I think I’ve found the thread you’re referring to here.  We sometimes rename threads to make it easier for other users to find answers to questions they might have. It’s nothing personal!

Nobody on the team here has visibility of your location, so we wouldn’t have known you were from Ireland, and even if we had, I can assure you that there’s nothing but love on our team!

However, if you are in the Republic of Ireland rather than Northern Ireland, that might explain why your SIM isn’t working. I can see that the team have been asking a few questions in that thread I linked to, so if you get back to them, I’m sure they’ll be eager to help get you up and running :)

Thank you,

Rory

Userlevel 7
Badge +10

Hello @Geoffrey McC

I’ve merged your topic together with your other one.

If you could please have a look at our responses above and get back to us?

Mohammed

Why iD Mobile?