Question

Activating new sim card with my upgrade

• 19 October 2018
  • 19 replies

Userlevel 1
I have just got my new upgraded mobile with a new SIM card but want to keep my original ID mobile phone number. Can anyone help me with the activation process. I've visted the email address that is on the paper work but that email is no longer working.

19 replies

i would like to active my sim card

Userlevel 8
Badge +9

Hello @tocca,

I’m not sure you keep your number when you upgrade - it’s a new contract with a new number.

You can activate your upgrade SIM from your My Account online. It’s all explained in the Activating your new SIM card community article.

Anyway, good luck.

Userlevel 8
Badge +9

i would like to active my sim card

Hello @Dennis Mcnamee, this is all explained in the Activating your new SIM card community article. Good luck.

Userlevel 8
Badge +9

I have just got my new upgraded mobile with a new SIM card but want to keep my original ID mobile phone number. Can anyone help me with the activation process. I've visted the email address that is on the paper work but that email is no longer working.

The Pay monthly upgrades: Everything you need to know community FAQ says that you can keep your number when you upgrade - see the What exactly is an upgrade? section.

Also, if your existing SIM fits in your phone upgrade, you can use this SIM instead of the SIM you received with your phone upgrade.

Anyway, good luck.

Userlevel 6
Badge +8

Hi @Dennis Mcnamee and @tocca,

Do you still require assistance here, or has the info provided by @andewhite provided the appropriate fixes already?

Will

I’ve just upgraded and been through the SIM activation and the steps outlined above and I cannot get the SIM to work. It’s compatible with the iPhone 12 and I’ve received texts from ID to inform me that it is active and the activation was successful?? Please help as my previous SIM has also been deactivated by the look of it! 

Userlevel 8
Badge +9

I’ve just upgraded and been through the SIM activation and the steps outlined above and I cannot get the SIM to work. It’s compatible with the iPhone 12 and I’ve received texts from ID to inform me that it is active and the activation was successful?? Please help as my previous SIM has also been deactivated by the look of it! 

Hello @sarah rose, what exactly was your upgrade? 

I upgraded from iPhone 8 to 12 and also upgraded my plan.

I put the new SIM in my old phone and it says there’s no SIM detected. I put my old SIM in the new phone and it just says there’s no service but on checking the coverage I should have very good indoors and outdoors? 

Userlevel 8
Badge +9

Okay thanks @sarah rose,

Did you manage to activate the SIM that came with your new phone?

Also, you should check if there are network problems in your area - enter your postcode here:

http://www.three.co.uk/support/network_and_coverage/network_support

Yes, I received confirmation that the SIM was activated successfully and there are no network issues showing.

Userlevel 8
Badge +9

I see - I guess your old SIM is inactive because you activated the SIM that came with your new phone.

Did you activate the new SIM in the new phone (iPhone 12)?

Yes but the phone was saying no SIM so I swapped it with the old one to see if it was the phone or the SIM. The old phone won’t recognise the new SIM either though.

Userlevel 8
Badge +9

Which SIM was in the phone that received the text message about activation of new SIM being successful?

It was in the new phone but I received the text on my old phone??

Userlevel 8
Badge +9

Okay thanks @sarah rose, the new SIM went into the new phone, you activated the new SIM from your iD My Account and got confirmation of this on your old phone with the old SIM.

You should try putting the new SIM in your new phone and leaving the new phone OFF for at least 30 minutes before you turn it back on.

Anyway, good luck.

Thank you but that hasn’t worked so I’ll try customer service tomorrow, maybe they can replace it?

Userlevel 6
Badge +8

Hi @sarah rose,

I suspect you have been sent a faulty SIM card.  We’ll shortly send you a Private Message to your Community account, so we can discuss your issue further.

To access your messages, click your profile picture in the top right hand corner and then click ‘Private Messages’.

Alternatively, if you are currently logged in, you can use the following link: https://community.idmobile.co.uk/inbox/overview

We’ll see you there.

Will

I have had the same problem and tbh this is the worse time I could be without a phone.i have covid . My dad's on end of life care grrrr 

Userlevel 8
Badge +9

Hello @Nanajools,

Did you get a new phone from iD by ordering an upgrade, which arrived with a new SIM? 

If your old SIM fits in your phone upgrade, you can use this instead of the SIM you received with your phone upgrade.

Anyway, good luck.

Why iD Mobile?