Solved

Failed Sercurity Check!

• 7 July 2018
  • 2 replies

I am in a desperate situation. I took out a phone+sim contract with ID a few weeks ago for an iphone 8 as my current iphone 6 is on its ways out (won’t take video and gps won’t work). I called my current provider to cancel my sim only plan and they offered me a better deal and for an iphone 8 plus. I wanted to sort returning my new iphone 8 first before taking out the new plan and was reassured that I could get the deal when I rang back.

So I packaged up my iphone 8 from ID and sent it back at my own cost. When I called to take the other contract out the provider said it never existed! So I now have NO fully functioning phone. I decided to take the original contract out with ID again but twice I have failed the security check. Credit check is fine but security check triggers a cancellation email.

I am in a really difficult position here and have been on thr chat and phone with ID all day with no real answers. I am assuming they won’t allow me to take another contract out because I just returned the other one. This was not my fault as the other provider lied about offering me a better deal.

My last conversation with ID ended with speak again in two days. I just want to order a new phone! Help!
icon

Best answer by Mohammed 9 July 2018, 17:21

View original

2 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +10
Hello @Ladygreen,

It's unfortunate to hear you've been misled by your old network provider and that the contract you had with us has been returned already.

At Carphone Warehouse & iD Mobile, we use a sales system which takes the personal information you've supplied and cross checks that against criteria set by our Fraud and Loss Prevention team. This Internal Security Check is used to help protect ourselves and our customers against potential loss or fraud.

Should a customer's details flag up as being not accepted against any of these criteria, the order is cancelled and cannot be continued. The system does not tell us what criteria has been flagged against the security check which means were unable to provide any detail to you as to the reason for this.

In addition, our Fraud and Loss Prevention team would be unable to advise what criteria is checked and what has been failed against. To do so, could enable a potential fraudster to bypass these protection systems on future orders, enabling significant loss to be carried out against us or our customers.

On this occasion as the internal security check hasn't passed, we've been unable to proceed with your application, resulting in the cancellation of your order. I'd advise against trying to reorder within the next 30 days, as it is possible the internal security check will fail again within this time frame.

Mohammed
this is very much sorrowful. you must use the best security software or you may take the help from Gmail Support USA. we must secure our devices properly it will help to protect our data.

Why iD Mobile?