How do I activate my SIM?

• 2 February 2022
  • 3 replies

I have recently got a contract with Carphone  warehouse and yours is the provider, when I got my first SIM card I had activation issues with it and I had to go to curry’s to collect a new one and now I need to activate this one. Please can you help 

3 replies

Userlevel 5
Badge +6

Hey @Danielhiggs, you can activate your SIM in the iD Mobile App or My Account online by:

1. Logging in to the app or online account.
  2. Going to the 'My Services' page.
  3. Clicking 'Activate my SIM'
  4. Scanning your SIM card barcode or entering the 19-digit number printed on the SIM cardholder *

*If you don't have the cardholder any more, don't worry - the number's also printed on the back of the SIM card itself. It's an 11-digit number, and you need to add '89442001' to the start of it if you need to input it somewhere.

Thank you,

Rory

I have just upgraded from a sim only to handset and would like to keep the sun only account open and have a different number for my contract phone, there was a sim in the box with the phone but no instructions on how to activate it to get a different number as I want to give the monthly sim contract to my wife to use. Please can anyone help me with how I go about this? 

Thanks in advance Ricky

Userlevel 5
Badge +6

Hey @Rickywam73, that wouldn’t be possible, unfortunately. When you upgrade an account, it’s a linear thing, so everything else stays the same including the number. It doesn’t split into two as you describe.

If your wife wanted a SIM-only contract with us with a different number, she’d just need to purchase a plan from our website here :)

Thank you,

Rory

Why iD Mobile?