Solved

How do I find My Mobile Number?

I want to transfer my old number to my new SIM, I have the PAC but I cant submit it without my new ID Mobile number.  I’ve checked all the welcome emails and the number isn’t on there.

icon

Best answer by andewhite 1 June 2022, 17:50

View original

This topic has been closed for comments

11 replies

Userlevel 5
Badge +6

Hey @weenicholls, it should be shown on any paperwork received in the box, but if not, you have a couple of options.

On Android, the most common path to finding your number is: Settings > About phone/device > Status/phone identity > Network.

This slightly differs on Apple devices, where you can follow the path of Settings > Phone > My Number.

Alternatively, you can call or text a friend or family member and ask them to confirm the number shown.

Thank you,

Rory

I dont have the SIM card yet but I want to know what my number will be so that I can fill ins the PAC form

Userlevel 8
Badge +9

Even if you submit your PAC today, there’ll be a long wait - see below:

Userlevel 5
Badge +6

Hey @weenicholls, as @andewhite says, I wouldn’t recommend beginning the port process right now, to be honest with you; with the long Bank Holiday, it’s going to be a while before your number transfers, but you’ll lose service on your old SIM until it does.

Therefore, you could be without service at all for 5-6 days.

Thank you,

Rory

Hi Rory and Andy I can’t begin the process without the new mobile number which is the whole problem

Userlevel 8
Badge +9

You won’t get an iD mobile number until you get your iD SIM card.

When did you order your iD SIM?

Oh I see, on the emails I received they said it was on an attachment, but I didn’t receive any attachments.  I will have to wait then.

Userlevel 5
Badge +6

Hey @weenicholls, I’d suggest you don’t want to begin the process just yet, that’s my point! Otherwise, you’ll be without service on either SIM for 5-6 days. 

Better to wait until your SIM has actually arrived before beginning; if it gets lost in the post, for example, you’d be in a pickle.

And yes, your iD Mobile number won’t be generated until the order is dispatched.

Thank you,

Rory

Userlevel 8
Badge +9

Okay @weenicholls, what did you order from iD - a new phone and SIM plan at the same time?

Have you received any of the items you ordered from iD?

@andewhite I just ordered a sim, and have had confirmation emails but no number

Userlevel 8
Badge +9

Okay @weenicholls, an iD SIM only order is sent by Royal Mail - it should arrive within 3 days but can longer.

When I ordered my SIM only plan, I got two emails:

1. First, a thank you for your order email
  2. Then later on, an order complete email saying my SIM was on its way via Royal Mail (within three working days)

Anyway, good luck.

Why iD Mobile?