Solved

How long for a PAC from Vodafone to take effect.

• 2 July 2021
  • 8 replies

I signed up with ID Mobile on Tuesday, and my SIM arrived on Wednesday. 

On Wednesday, at about 15:30, I registered my PAC from Vodafone using the form. I was expecting it to take effect sometime yesterday (Thursday). It’s now Friday morning and nothing has happened. 

How long should I need to wait? 

What’s the best way of telling if my number has been ported?

Should I leave both SIMs, new and old, in the phones, new and old?

icon

Best answer by WelshPaul 2 July 2021, 09:27

View original

This topic has been closed for comments

8 replies

Userlevel 8
Badge +6

It would have been ported over on Thursday if the submission was successful or actioned.

I’m guessing you used the form located here? That form is unreliable! 😔

You’re best bet is to sign in to your ID Mobile account and submit the request there by navigating to:

• My services > Keep my number

If your previous request using the form I linked to above had been actioned it will say so under the “Keep my number” section in your ID Mobile online account.

Thanks,

It looks like the form failed. Now I have to wait until Monday :worried:

Userlevel 8
Badge +6

Yes, very annoying. Happened to me too! 😔

Userlevel 6
Badge +10

Hi @Frank Hollis,

We’re sorry to hear about this. Please let us know if you need us to check on your port progress at any point and we’ll send you a message about it.

Ryan 

Hi @Frank Hollis,

We’re sorry to hear about this. Please let us know if you need us to check on your port progress at any point and we’ll send you a message about it.

Ryan 

It seems this is a known bug that has been present for some time. Are there plans to fix it? Can you, at least, put a warning telling people to check if the request has been accepted on the app?

If I hadn’t found this community support group I would have been waiting a long time before I found out. 

To be honest, it’s a really, really, bad first exposure to ID Mobile and doesn’t fill me with any confidence for the future. 

Userlevel 6
Badge +8

That’s a shame to hear @Frank Hollis.

If you’d like us to log a complaint for you, or take a further look into your port, let us know and we’ll drop you a Private Message to get the ball rolling.

Will

I would like to log a complaint. That you have left the number transfer form stay when it is obviously faulty.

Userlevel 5
Badge +8

Hi @Frank Hollis 

We’ll send you a private message on here so that we can verify your details. 

To view the message sent.  Simply click on your profile icon in the top right, then go to your private messages. 

Michelle 

iD Mobile 

Why iD Mobile?