Solved

I got new ID SIM card and need unlock PIN number

• 2 February 2022
  • 2 replies

Userlevel 1

Hi,

I just got my ID mobile SIM card and when I open my phone (Xperia L3), my phone asked SIM network unlock PIN which I don’t have…. I tried 0000 and 1234 and both didn’t work.

Can someone help me to unlock the PIN please?

icon

Best answer by Gregor 3 February 2022, 02:23

View original

This topic has been closed for comments

2 replies

Userlevel 8
Badge +9

Hello @KaoriM 

Unfortunately this is not related to iD Mobile Sim Card as they do not have PIN Number set on default. This is related to your previous provider locking your handset to use only in that one network. As example, if you bought it directly from Vodafone there is high chance that they have put a SIM Lock on it to be used only with Vodafone SIM Cards. Your best option is to contact the provider that your phone was purchased with and they will be able to remove that Sim Lock from your phone. Alternatively you can pop-in to your nearest wee Phone Repair Shop and they will do it and charge you a small fee. 

Kind Regards

Gregor

Userlevel 1

Thank you so much for the information Gregor! 

It wasn’t easy to find out how to do in the first place. In the end I asked NUC number from Vodafone which I purchased my mobile phone ( but not my previous SIM operator) and successfully unlock my new ID SIM card! Possibly easy for people knows about the system, but it took me for some time. 

Thank you again without your info, I couldn’t manage to unlock the system.

Kind regards,

KaoriM 

Why iD Mobile?