Solved

Invalid Sim Card

• 27 February 2021
  • 11 replies

On my phone it says invalid sim card. What does network locked sim card mean? And how do I resolve the issue

icon

Best answer by Mohammed 1 March 2021, 19:02

View original

This topic has been closed for comments

11 replies

Userlevel 6
Badge +10

Hi @HM4,

That would usually mean that the phone is network locked to just 1 network; did you buy the phone from us?

Ryan

Yes but it was bought unlocked. I updated my phone recently and the message network locked sim card appeared. How do I fix this 

Userlevel 7
Badge +10

Hello @HM4,

Was the iD Mobile SIM card being used in the device previously?

When you say “I updated my phone recently” do you mean you purchased a new phone or that you did a software update?

Mohammed

I purchased the ID sim and it was in use for a month until I ran a software update and the invalid sim card message appeared

Userlevel 7
Badge +10

That’s very odd.

Have you tried the SIM in another handset at all?

Try re-inserting the SIM card but cleaning the gold contacts on the SIM card first.

Let us know when you’ve tested both.

Mohammed

Hi I've tested both. Cleaning the sim didn't work and when I put it another handset the 'invalid sim card message appeared

Userlevel 6
Badge +4

Hi @HM4 

With the sim card inserted, please can you go into Settings > Connections > Mobile networks > Network selection > Manual selection > See if you are able to manually select the iD Mobile network.

-Mohsin

Hi I'm unable to select ID mobile network 

Userlevel 6
Badge +8

What type of handset is it @HM4 and where did you purchase it from?

It very much sounds like it’s locked to me you see.

Will

The handset is a Samsung galaxy S6andI bought it from carphone warehouse.

Userlevel 6
Badge +8

How strange.

We’ll drop you a private message now @HM4 and get you a new SIM card sent out to see if that helps.

Will

Why iD Mobile?