Solved

Invalid Sim Card

• 27 February 2021
  • 11 replies

On my phone it says invalid sim card. What does network locked sim card mean? And how do I resolve the issue

icon

Best answer by Mohammed 1 March 2021, 19:02

View original

This topic has been closed for comments

11 replies

Userlevel 6
Badge +8

How strange.

We’ll drop you a private message now @HM4 and get you a new SIM card sent out to see if that helps.

Will

The handset is a Samsung galaxy S6andI bought it from carphone warehouse.

Userlevel 6
Badge +8

What type of handset is it @HM4 and where did you purchase it from?

It very much sounds like it’s locked to me you see.

Will

Hi I'm unable to select ID mobile network 

Userlevel 6
Badge +4

Hi @HM4 

With the sim card inserted, please can you go into Settings > Connections > Mobile networks > Network selection > Manual selection > See if you are able to manually select the iD Mobile network.

-Mohsin

Hi I've tested both. Cleaning the sim didn't work and when I put it another handset the 'invalid sim card message appeared

Userlevel 7
Badge +10

That’s very odd.

Have you tried the SIM in another handset at all?

Try re-inserting the SIM card but cleaning the gold contacts on the SIM card first.

Let us know when you’ve tested both.

Mohammed

I purchased the ID sim and it was in use for a month until I ran a software update and the invalid sim card message appeared

Userlevel 7
Badge +10

Hello @HM4,

Was the iD Mobile SIM card being used in the device previously?

When you say “I updated my phone recently” do you mean you purchased a new phone or that you did a software update?

Mohammed

Yes but it was bought unlocked. I updated my phone recently and the message network locked sim card appeared. How do I fix this 

Userlevel 6
Badge +10

Hi @HM4,

That would usually mean that the phone is network locked to just 1 network; did you buy the phone from us?

Ryan

Why iD Mobile?