iphone 6 not switching on

iPhone switching itself off. Displays Apple logo. What’s wrong with it?

12 replies

Userlevel 3
Badge +5

Hi @Claire73 

Sorry to hear your phone isn't working correctly. 

Can you confirm if this has been resolved?

Regards 

Aklima 

Hi. No it’s not been resolved. 

My iPhone 6 s is only 6 months old and won’t switch on is it the battery ? I keep it charged up every night ,but this morning there is no light or anything .l bought it through car phone warehouse website on a 24 month pay contract and only use it a couple of times a week to text family.

Userlevel 3
Badge +5

@Claire73 

Can you please confirm when the handset was purchased? 

Aklima

Hi the handset was purchased end of may 2019

Userlevel 6
Badge +10

Hi @Claire73 & @CJD,

iPhones come with a 12-month manufacturers warranty, so you should be able to have this fixed as long as there is no damage which would void the warranty. At present, we can’t advise you to take this to a Carphone Warehouse store for repair as normal due to the stores being closed, so we would ask you to contact Apple for help with the repair at this time. You can find out how to have your device repaired here; https://support.apple.com/en-gb/repair/products

Ryan

Hi Ryan. Will Apple charge for repairs?

Userlevel 4
Badge +2

Hi @Claire73 

Not sure , they will need to take a look at your phone and advise you of any cost attached to it.

Thanks, 

Pearl

But if it’s under warranty I don’t see why I should pay. Could I not wait till stores re open so that I can it for repair?

Userlevel 3
Badge +5

Hi @Claire73 

I would advise you to contact Apple to ensure there is a log for the issue you have faced. 

Regards 

Aklima 

There is a log. I’ve logged the issue with yourselves in these messages. 

Userlevel 6
Badge +8

We don’t share these transcripts with Apple @Claire73 , so they wouldn’t have a log unless you contact them directly.

Cheers,

Will

Why iD Mobile?