I am slightly puzzled as to the joining process. I am not a prolific switcher but the ID process seems slightly different to how things have worked with other providers as previously nothing happened until I received a SIM and activated it.
This is a summary of where I am currently:
- I placed an online order to join iD yesterday and completed the Direct Debit etc.
- I’ve received the relevant emails to say the order has been accepted and the SIM posted.
- I assumed nothing further would happen until I received the SIM and activated it.
- Today however my first bill has been issued.
- I have also received an email entitled “Let’s get Started”. However it would seem I cannot register to use the app or setup an online account until I receive the SIM as a code sent to the new number forms part of the registration process.
- My intention is to port my existing number and I have a PAC ready and waiting.
- The order process seemed to have an option to submit a PAC with the order however as I need service until the SIM arrives I chose not to do this. Have I made a mistake?
- When the SIM arrives is it OK to set up an account using the number in the “Lets get Started” email or will this then be locked to my account and prevent me from porting my current number.
Thx in advance
Best answer by AndrewC
SIM Arrived and the instructions provided after placing it in the phone answered the question.