Solved

Keeping my old number

• 28 November 2020
  • 17 replies

I have moved from EE to Id mobile and have (by various means) sent my PAC code , possibly around 4/5 times now to no avail. I've tried to contact iD via phone (automated service usually hangs up) or online via chatbot which directs me to 'how to get your PAC code' this does not help. I've tried going through Carphone Warehouse as I purchased my mobile from them and they cannot help either . I've had my new phone since 17/11 and my old number being 'ported' still hasn't been processed . Where do I go from here ????

icon

Best answer by Michelle 29 January 2021, 15:44

View original

17 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +7

Hi @Michael Valente,

Welcome to the Community!

We would advise that you wait for the new SIM to arrive before porting the number.

You can use the SIM right away or wait until the number ports before using it, it’s up to you.

Kash

Userlevel 1

Hi There, I recently signed up for an iD Mobile SIM only pay monthly deal and I’ve got my transaction code, new iD Mobile number but not yet physically received my SIM card. I wish to keep my old Plusnet Mobile number and I’ve now also received a PAC number from Plusnet mobile as well. My question is, should I now submit the iD Mobile form to keep my old old number or should I wait until I receive my new iD Mobile SIM card before I submit the form? Also, when I receive my new iD Mobile SIM card should I immediately insert it in my iPhone or should I wait until the old Plusnet SIM stops working? Thanks. 

Userlevel 7
Badge +7

Hi @Allison120408,

We’ll shortly send you a Private Message to your Community account so we can discuss your issue further.

To access your messages, click your profile picture in the top right hand corner and then click ‘Private Messages’.

Alternatively, if you are currently logged in, you can use the following link: https://community.idmobile.co.uk/inbox/overview

We’ll see you there.

Kash

I have this issue I sent PAC they said contact them as there is a problem but there’s no one to contact the live chat is not live !! I wanted to retain old number what a mess usually it’s straight forward 100% online support :( 

I have this problem now. My old number is working on my new phone but when I call someone it’s the new number from the new phone that comes up???

Userlevel 6
Badge +10

Hi @R20YCH66,

I am sorry to hear that. Our Live Chat Team should have advisors available most of the time and it’s unfortunate that you could not get through to one. We will send you a PM now to get this sorted.

Ryan

Userlevel 1

I have this issue I sent PAC they said contact them as there is a problem but there’s no one to contact the live chat is not live !! I wanted to retain old number what a mess usually it’s straight forward 100% online support :( 

Userlevel 7
Badge +10

Hello @Rae71,

Can you clarify, were you with iD Mobile already and upgraded or you mean you were with someone else and purchased the A20E with us and want to keep your number?

Mohammed

Thank you. I use signal app to send messages and I can't set it up because it says it will send code to email address but it doesn't 

Userlevel 6
Badge +8

Hi @Rae71,

If you’ve upgraded, the new phone will automatically retain your existing number.

Is there anything that’s happened that made you believe this isn’t the case?

Will

Hiya I upgraded to the new A2oe and I want to keep my last number 

Userlevel 5
Badge +8

Hi @Sam160378 

Are you trying to port your number over to iD?

Michelle 

I'm having same issues. I don't know how to change my previous number 

Userlevel 6
Badge +10

Hi @CSprott,

Sorry for the delayed response to your message here. We can see that a PM was sent and the issue is being dealt with via PM.

Ryan

Also Ryan  I've not received a PM asking for further details ?????

Hi Ryan, I have contacted as many numbers as I can, I have filled in the online application form 3/4 times to provide my PAC code (which will be running out soon !!) I've also emailed the documents Email address to be told that I need to provide more info, which I did but since then I e had no response. I've never encountered anything like this before and its making me regret moving my network. I hope this can at some point preferable soon, be resolved. All I'm asking is to retain my old number. 

Userlevel 6
Badge +10

Hi @CSprott,

We’re sorry to hear about your porting issue. We will PM you in order to take further details as we’ll need to check where this port has gone wrong.

Ryan

I have experienced the very same, I've been waiting g since 17/11 and have made repeated attempts to get the information processed. Unfortunately what I've since found out is that they have no 'person's to speak to , so its chat bot or an automated system.. they don't help either. My old number is still with my old network and I'm getting nowhere ... sorry 

Why iD Mobile?