Solved

Live Chat; Are they usually reliable or should I take everything they say with a pinch(bucket) of salt?

• 21 February 2019
  • 2 replies

As above really I have recently signed up to IDMobile and I'm hoping it isn't a mistake, I was promised by a live chat operator my number would be ported over and active yesterday. (I have the transcript of this) obviously that didn't happen so I contacted them again today, spoke to someone different and they said
Tashreeq:Great news! Your number transfer is currently in it's final stages and will complete by 6PM this evening.

Guess what, it didn't happen again, I have been trying to get onto live chat since 6.30pm but chat wasn't available, there seems to be nowhere to send an email and to be frank I am starting to get more than a little upset, I've had my number for over 25 years having moved it a lot of times, I had to move quickly to IDMobile since my provider (TPO) have gone into administration, but they did give me a PAC number, all sent to IDMobile of course and now I am stuck because over the past 25 years a lot of people have my number and there is no way I would want to start again but IDMobile are not giving me a great deal of confidence so far.
icon

Best answer by Kevin 22 February 2019, 16:19

View original

2 replies

Userlevel 4
Badge +10
Hi @Rebel007

We'd always expect our Live Chat Team to be able to handle or get you answers on anything you bring to them. So theoretically you should not need to feel a lack of confidence in them there, and we'd expect they'll of raised a ticket to have your port looked at by our Tech Team if things haven't happened in the usual timescales.

Most ports complete within 24-72 hours usually.

Other means of contact though would be:

https://www.idmobile.co.uk/help-and-advice/contact-us
http://facebook.com/idmobileuk/
http://twitter.com/id_mobile_uk
Thanks, I got my answer today after phoning customer support on 7777 from my mobile

It seems I was right to question the reply I had been given by 2 separate live chat operators as they got it completely wrong. My issue was escalated by the customer services operator who I dealt with on the phone and after I explained the situation and it was finally resolved.

What I neglected to mention in my initial post on this forum is being fairly severely disabled my mobile number is the one I am contacted on by hospital staff; and as I am waiting for 2 dates for admission to hospital one being a Heart/Cardiac condition and the other being a spinal condition that needs surgery it was VITAL that this issue was resolved urgently, that is in addition to the inconvenience of possibly losing a number I have taken with me to a number of companies over the past 25 plus years , fortunately it has now been resolved my phone number is active and I am once again contactable by the consultants who take care of me.

Conclusion :
Do not take everything you are told as gospel even if you have a transcript of your conversation with Live Chat, If you are unsure phone customer services direct and speak to a human being!

PS As far as I am concerned this thread can be closed; my issue is resolved and I know what I need to do in the future. Hopefully my experience with IDMobile will get better as it cannot get much worse if not then I should be grateful my contract is only a month by month contract.

Why iD Mobile?