Question

lost phone number

I bought a phone through ID & transferred my existing phone number over to this new phone which has been working fine and successfully transferred over on 4th April. Last night I reset my old phone back to factory settings ready to sell it. And now my new phone when I send text messages comes through to people on the number ID supplied me with until my existing number transferred over. When people text my existing number & call me & I make calls it works fine but issue occurs when I send a imessage. When I go to settings & messages & check send and receive the only number displaying in there is the ID mobile number I was supplied with not my original number. Does anyone know how I can resolve this? 

2 replies

Userlevel 5
Badge +6

Hey @Steph Webster, just checking in to see if @andewhite’s advice managed to sort the issue for you?

Thank you,

Rory

Userlevel 8
Badge +9

Hello @Steph Webster,

You mentioned iMessage, so guessing your new handset is an iPhone.

If so, I suggest the following:

1. Turn OFF iMessage (Settings > Messages) and turn OFF FaceTime (Settings > FaceTime).
  2. Turn OFF your iPhone - leave it OFF for at least 10 minutes.
  3. Turn ON your iPhone.
  4. Tap Settings > Apple ID > Name, Phone Numbers, Email > CONTACTABLE AT and confirm the correct mobile number is shown. If it's not correct, use the Edit option to "Add email or phone number".
  5. Turn ON iMessage (Settings > Messages) and turn ON FaceTime (Settings > FaceTime).
  6. Finally, go to Settings > Messages > Send & Receive and see if the correct number is displayed against “Start new conversations from:” - if not select the correct number.

If your old phone was also an iPhone, you should also remove the old device from your Apple account, iCloud and Find My Phone.

Anyway, good luck. 

Why iD Mobile?