Question

my phone number has only been partially transferred

I have transferred my old phone number to my new phone. And canceled my old contract. 

my Phone number works when I get called, but not when I text ( it’s still using the number the phone came with) and therefore I am not receiving my texts. 

I have been told the switch has happened

I have re started my phone 

I am not sure what to do now 

thank you 

10 replies

Userlevel 6
Badge +10

Hi @Chloe08,

I’m sorry to hear that! The phone settings may not have updated automatically after the switch. 

If you’re using an iPhone, try this too:

1)    Turn off iMessage (Settings > Messages)
2)    Restart your phone (by pressing and holding the on/off button)
3)    Tap Settings > Phone > My Number and confirm that it is correct. 
4)    If it is not correct, please enter the correct number
5)    Turn iMessage back to On (Settings > Messages)
6)    Finally, go to Settings > Messages > Send & Receive and see if the correct number is displayed under “Start new conversations from:”. 

If you’re still facing issues, please let me know!

Ryan

Userlevel 1

Hi, I am having the same issue with my new iphone.

I have done the steps above however at step 3 I enter the correct number and it will not save.

I have had confirmation from ID that my number should have been transferred and the correct number is showing when I phone people. Apps like whatsapp are working fine, but I am unable to send text messages.

Please could someone advise?

Userlevel 8
Badge +9

Yeah @Kate Rajani, you can’t edit that number. When did your number port complete?

Here’s a couple more procedures to try:

1. Turn your iPhone OFF.
  2. Remove the SIM card.
  3. Wait at least 15 minutes.
  4. Put back the SIM card.
  5. Turn ON your iPhone.

If the above fails, you can try a network reset. If you’re using iOS 15 or later then:

• Tap Settings > General > Transfer or Reset iPhone > Reset > Reset Network Settings.

This also resets any Wi-Fi networks and passwords, mobile data settings, and VPN and APN settings that you've used before.

Good luck.

Userlevel 1

The last suggestion- network reset has worked, thank you for your help. That was a little more complicated than I had anticipated 😊

I am having the same issue with an android,  if I call someone they get my ported number. If I text they get the original sim number. It is like it has only part ported

Userlevel 8
Badge +9

I am having the same issue with an android,  if I call someone they get my ported number. If I text they get the original sim number. It is like it has only part ported

Try turning OFF “Chat features” option, in the Messages app, on your Android phone @Liz Wiltshire

Userlevel 7
Badge +10

Hello @Liz Wiltshire,

Let us know if you still need help, though the chat features option above should fix this.

Mohammed

I need the chat features in messenger,  so is there an alternative solution? Thanks 

Userlevel 8
Badge +9

I need the chat features in messenger,  so is there an alternative solution? Thanks 

Okay @Liz Wiltshire, you’d need to ask Google about an alternative solution if you can’t do without the “Chat features” option, in their Android Messages app on your handset.

This app feature has nothing to do with iD Mobile, nor do iD support RCS on their network (carrier support for RCS is required to use all the Google options in “Chat features”).

Good luck @Liz Wiltshire

Userlevel 7
Badge +10

Usually turning off and then on fixes it.

Sometimes it takes a few days so I’d try again a few days to see if it updates.

Mohammed

Why iD Mobile?