Solved

New contract payment timing out

I have been trying to order a new contract phone and every time i get to the “pay 1p” screen i enter my card details and it just comes up “this page has timed out”

icon

Best answer by Ryan 5 August 2020, 17:11

View original

10 replies

Userlevel 1

I am having the same problem, after inputting my card details for a £0.01 transaction, I get “Apologies - this page has timed out due to inactivity”

Userlevel 1

I am having the same problem, after inputting my card details for a £0.01 transaction, I get “Apologies - this page has timed out due to inactivity”

Or if it does go through, I get “We're unable to process your order as the card transaction has not been successful, please check and try again”

Userlevel 1

I have been trying to order a new contract phone and every time i get to the “pay 1p” screen i enter my card details and it just comes up “this page has timed out”

I have just got it to work - the problem I had was I was using a card for the 1p payment that was a different address to the billing address. They both need to be registered at the same address. Hope that helps.

Userlevel 6
Badge +10

Hi @jembutler & @jimmy_stavros,

I was about to suggest that the card may be registered to a different address than the one used for the billing address given to us. As long as both of those match, it should work fine. Please let me know how it goes @jembutler and we can help further if required.

Ryan

Userlevel 1

I’ve been having the same problem and I think my card registration address is the same as the delivery/billing address I specified. Furthermore, I even got a security code on my normal mobile from my card issuer which was accepted then I got the timeout through inactivity message again. Eventually realised it’s caused by AdBlock Plus blocking page updates which aren’t ads. Needed to stop ABP from ‘protecting’ me on the iD Mobile site and the Verifone site.

Userlevel 4
Badge +10

Hi there @vof 

Could you check with your bank to make 100% sure the address they have on file for your account/ card you’re using matches the address for where you’re looking to order the phone to.

If everything matches, it should go through fine.

Userlevel 1

@Kevin Thanks for the response but as I said, my address did/does match. The problem which I’ve now fixed is that AdBlock Plus interprets some credit card verification popup messages as adverts which it blocks. I eventually realised what was happening because it happened earlier this year to me when trying to pay by CC on a different site. There too, whitelisting the site in ABP fixed the problem.

Userlevel 6
Badge +8

Oh wow, thanks for sharing that with us @vof, that will be incredibly useful knowledge for both us and our customers.

Thanks again,

Will

Userlevel 1

Does everyone go through the process of having to pay £0.01
It says somewhere on the site that, at no stage during the credit check will any money be taken.
I do not seem to remember this when I got my previous card. I am worried I have landed on a scam.

Thanks

Chris

Userlevel 6
Badge +4

Hi @chrisbinge 

We can confirm all pay monthly contracts are subject to credit and internal security checks. The 1p is taken during the checkout process and is refunded back in 3-5 working days. We can confirm this is not a scam.

-Mohsin

Why iD Mobile?