Solved

No Service During Number Port

• 16 January 2020
  • 13 replies

Hi, I have asked IDmobile to tranfer my Vodafone number (via PAC code).

I have lost network with Vodafone and I have entered my new sim into my mobile

but I have no network with IDmobile either.

I made the request today and understand that the switch will take place tomorrow however, 

I thought I would still have access to my mobile and thought it would only be a momentarily loss

of network?

Thanks

icon

Best answer by Mohammed 22 January 2020, 12:52

View original

13 replies

Userlevel 6
Badge +10

Hi @davidc,

I am sorry to hear about the loss of signal during the porting process. It is true that there can sometimes be disruption whilst the port completes, however we would expect some level of coverage to still be available to the iD SIM card in the meantime.

Have you checked your coverage using our Coverage Checker (found here) to see if there are any problems affecting your area?

Ryan

Hi Ryan

Thank you for your reply. I have checked the Coverage Checker and there are no problems,

I even took the phone with me to hospital yesterday hoping that the phone would connect. (No Joy)

Still waiting for connection 18th January 2020.

Any ideas?

Thanks

David

Userlevel 7
Badge +10

Hello David,

When did you submit the port to us?

Have you tried restarting your handset?

Can you please try ringing both the number you are keeping and the number you were given by iD Mobile on the SIM (temporary number).

What happens?

Mohammed

Hi Mohammed

Thank you for your reply.

Port was submitted last Thursday 16th Jan.

I have checked my Vodafone account online yesterday and the account has been successfully closed.

When my number is dialed, the number goes straight to voicemail (prerecorded man and woman’s voice message) doesn’t state who the provider is?

The (temporary number) given to me by IDMobile is now not recognised. 

I have tried restarting handset to no avail?

Regards

David

Userlevel 7
Badge +10

Hi Mohammed

Port was submitted last Thursday 16th Jan.

I have checked my Vodafone account online yesterday and the account has been successfully closed.

When my number is dialed, the number goes straight to voicemail (prerecorded man and woman’s voice message) doesn’t state who the provider is?

The (temporary number) given to me by IDMobile is now not recognised. 

I have tried restarting handset to no avail?

Regards

David

Hello @davidc,

Please can you email us  as we will need to raise this to the Porting Team to investigate further?

Mohammed

Hi Mohammed

I have sent an email to community support.

Hopefully I will be connected soon?

Kind regards

David

Userlevel 7
Badge +10

Hello @davidc,

Thanks for that.

We will pick this up for you and get this looked into.

We’re marking this topic as resolved due to this being picked up via email. If you feel we have not resolved the issue after contact via email, just let us know and we can mark this topic as un-resolved.

Mohammed

Hello. I requested that my existing telephone number be ported over to iD via a PAC, yesterday. I currently have no service. Could you confirm when service will be set up? 

Thank you.

Thanks Mohammed

Yes, mark it as resolved I am using my wife’s phone when she get home for work and I have notified

my family and friends that my current number is out of action for the time being.

Regards

David

Userlevel 7
Badge +10

Hello. I requested that my existing telephone number be ported over to iD via a PAC, yesterday. I currently have no service. Could you confirm when service will be set up? 

Thank you.

Hello @dmeadehill,

Your port should complete by tonight. If you could try restarting your handset to allow this to take effect.

Kind Regards,

Mohammed

Hi

Does IDmobile operate a 2G network?

Thanks

Userlevel 7
Badge +10

Hi

Does IDmobile operate a 2G network?

Thanks

Hello @davidc,

It’s 3G minimum so 2G devices will not work.

Mohammed

Thank you Mohammed

I don’t think there is 4G coverage in my area and it looks like there is only outdoor 3G coverage?

I think I have got the answer.

Regards

David

Why iD Mobile?