Question

Not receiving text messages after porting number

• 27 March 2022
  • 6 replies

I am currently using a Samsung S22 Ultra. Since porting my number to iD Mobile I have been unable to receive any text messages.

Due to some apps sending verification codes by text I am unable to use the apps.

I have tried sending messages from multiple numbers to my phone but the messages don't come through, however when I send a text message it is received by the other person.

I have already tried resetting my network settings and also done a factory reset of my phone but the issue still occurs.

6 replies

Userlevel 8
Badge +9

Turn off iMessage

It’s not an iPhone, it’s Android

Try turning OFF the “Chat features” option in the Messages app on your Galaxy handset - then leave it turned OFF.

Good luck @k1s

Turn off iMessage

It’s not an iPhone, it’s Android

Userlevel 7
Badge +10

Same for me. 

I can make and receive calls, which show the correct (old, ported) number, but not receiving any texts to that number.  Any texts I send are from the wrong number (the one that came with the new idmobile SIM)

Hey @k1s  if you are using an iPhone then do the following:

1)    Turn off iMessage (Settings > Messages)
2)    Restart your phone (by pressing and holding the on/off button)
3)    Tap Settings > Phone > My Number and confirm that it is correct. 
4)    If it is not correct, please enter the correct number
5)    Turn iMessage back to On (Settings > Messages)
6)    Finally, go to Settings > Messages > Send & Receive and see if the correct number is displayed under “Start new conversations from:”. 

Mohammed

Userlevel 8
Badge +9

Same for me. 

I can make and receive calls, which show the correct (old, ported) number, but not receiving any texts to that number.  Any texts I send are from the wrong number (the one that came with the new idmobile SIM)

Try turning OFF the “Chat features” option in the Messages app on your Galaxy handset - then leave it turned OFF.

Good luck @k1s

Same for me. 

Userlevel 5
Badge +6

Hi @JQ18, sorry to hear about this. We’ll shortly send you a Private Message to your Community account so we can discuss your issue further.

To access your messages, click your profile picture in the top right hand corner and then click ‘Private Messages’.

Alternatively, if you are currently logged in, you can use the following link: https://community.idmobile.co.uk/inbox/overview

We’ll see you there.

Thank you,

Rory

Why iD Mobile?