Question

PAC code transfer incomplete and no acknowledgment

Userlevel 1

Hi, I am joining iD for the first time. I submitted my PAC code on Tuesday 31st March and it showed online that the submission had been successful. I have received no text message or communication from iD since and my number has yet to be transferred. Does anyone know why this is taking so long? My PAC code expires from O2 on 15th April. Any help from iD would be gratefully received.

18 replies

I have the same problem and have received no help at all.

Commiserations, jacjay

Userlevel 3
Badge +5

Hi @dwiddowson @Jacjay 

Welcome to iD Community. 

I have sent you both private messages with more information. 

Regards 

Aklima

Hi I have done this and not received any acknowledgement that it has gone through other than it saying successful on the form online. Can you please let me know what happens next?

Thanks. 

Userlevel 3
Badge +5

Hi @HB1993 

Depending on the time you completed this form it should take approx 1-2 days. 

Hope this helps. 

Regards 

Aklima

Same as above. I entered my PAC code a couple of days ago, via the form. I'm sure it mentioned that I would be notified within 24hours. I've heard nothing, the entry form isn't reassuring as to whether it worked. How difficult is it to send an auto email or text to say PAC has been received? 

I can across a help thing that says I can track the PAC progress via logging onto ID website, but I can't find anything. My old network hasn't received any notification to transfer number.

And to top it off, live chat doesn't seem to work.

Not a good start to a new network!

Userlevel 6
Badge +8

Hi @DanGleabols I’ll send you a PM now so we can check on the progress of your port.

Cheers,

Will

Userlevel 1

Hoping to get an answer on here please...PAC transfer is partially complete. My old contract has been ended but the old number seems to have vanished into thin air, despite being informed that the full transfer would be complete yesterday. How can I get this resolved please?

Userlevel 3
Badge +1

Hi @Emma Abel 

I am afraid there are some delays with some SIM’s being activated and numbers porting over at the moment. Our team are working on getting this resolved as soon as possible.

I would advise to periodically reboot your phone and hopefully it will activate soon.

Thanks for your patience.

Userlevel 1

Hi. I submitted my PAC on Monday afternoon before 5:30 and it was saying as being completed on the 17th.  It is still not complete and it is now saying it cannot be carried out at this time.  My old provider has stopped the service and no one can reach me. I have not given the ID number out as I have no intention of using it as I need my old number.  Not overly happy with this service.  Need some answers ASAP please otherwise I am going to have to cancel and go back to previous provider as I need to be on that number.

Userlevel 1

Hi@Siân  I submitted my PAC on Monday afternoon before 5:30 and it was saying as being completed on the 17th.  It is still not complete and it is now saying it cannot be carried out at this time.  My old provider has stopped the service and no one can reach me. I have not given the ID number out as I have no intention of using it as I need my old number.  Not overly happy with this service.  Need some answers ASAP please otherwise I am going to have to cancel and go back to previous provider as I need to be on that number. It also says on your website the exact dates PAC changes happen.  I think perhaps is worth adding in a clause or removing the word exact. Also it says if the swap is not done on the day it should have which in my case was the 17th, that a 7 day line rental credit is added.  This is also not showing. Please advise. Thanks

Userlevel 1

Userlevel 8
Badge +6

I am going to have to cancel and go back to previous provider as I need to be on that number.

I wouldn’t do that, you will make things worse...

Your old number will not simply start working again if you cancel your ID Mobile service. In fact you risk losing it completely! Not a good start I know and ID Mobile haven’t exactly been forthcoming with information and updates either.

Userlevel 1

Thankfully I don’t have the same urgent need for retaining my existing phone number as Sally does, but it’s not a great start, and for how long am I supposed to keep rebooting my phone? I’ll think twice about the benefit of paying more for a deal and receiving better customer care when this deal is up...

Userlevel 1

Thankfully I don’t have the same urgent need for retaining my existing phone number as Sally does, but it’s not a great start, and for how long am I supposed to keep rebooting my phone? I’ll think twice about the benefit of paying more for a deal and receiving better customer care when this deal is up...

Honestly I feel the same Emma.  I have used the chat facility again today and have been told that I need to wait a further 48hrs. This has been supposedly processing since Monday.  It is pretty poor customer service.  I keep rebooting also however mine says that it cannot process the PAC at this time and to try again but doesn’t give me the option to even try.  😡😤.. 

Good luck.. I hope they get both our issues sorted soon. 

Userlevel 1

I am going to have to cancel and go back to previous provider as I need to be on that number.

I wouldn’t do that, you will make things worse...

Your old number will not simply start working again if you cancel your ID Mobile service. In fact you risk losing it completely! Not a good start I know and ID Mobile haven’t exactly been forthcoming with information and updates either.

Thank you. Not forthcoming at all, infuriating yes! 
If this is the service level provided within the first week, I dread what the next 24 months will be like so the option to get out while I can is incredibly tempting. This was all submitted Monday and I was told today to wait a further 48hrs. Absolutely ridiculous especially as Vodafone have done all they need to their end. I shall not be recommending ID to anyone at this rate. 

Userlevel 5
Badge +8

Hello @Sally Purkiss 

We are very sorry for the delay with your number port, due to an issue early in the week with our systems, number ports have been delayed.

We do have a team working through all port in requests as we speak.

You will receive a text message once your number has ported over successfully.

Michelle 

iD Mobile 

Hi. I submitted my PAC on Monday afternoon before 5:30 and it was saying as being completed on the 17th.  It is still not complete and it is now saying it cannot be carried out at this time; nor did I revive the promised text notifications in the case of technical errors.

This all leaves me pretty worried as O2 has stopped the service to my number and no one can reach me & I have not given the ID number out as I have no intention of using it as I need my old number.

I have contacted chat yesterday and they said it would be fixed in 24hrs….it’s still not fixed and today chat says 48hrs. 
it’s not a great start to ID, I’m hoping that this is a one off issue to be resolved in the 48hrs stated.

is there anyway of getting transfer updates to provide some confidence that there is actually some work being done to resolve the issue ?

Userlevel 7
Badge +7

Hi @David. J,

The team are working hard to get all the ports processed as quickly as possible.

If you don’t have any updates by Monday (23rd August) please get back to us and we will investigate further.

Kash

Why iD Mobile?