Phone number not recognised

• 17 February 2022
  • 5 replies

Hi all

Ported number yesterday. When I ring someone my old ported number appears on there phone. If someone rings my old ported number is says the number is not recognised.

Any ideas.

CheersĀ 

Paul

5 replies

I have a similar problem since I got my new phone (iPhone 14 Pro Max).Ā  This was an ID mobile upgrade.Ā  Everything appears to be working apart from incoming calls.

Ā 

I have tried what Rory sugested above but with no luck.

Ā 

This is desperate now.Ā  I cant be without a phone and I cant find anyway to cantact IDMobile.Ā  I may have to send the phone back.

Userlevel 7
Badge +7

@Gerard Robinson,

Please could you go to your handset setting and go to phone from here can you check that your number is the correct one under ā€˜My Numberā€™?

Ā 

Kash

Thank you Kash.Ā  I finally managed to talk to someone at ID Mobile (through the complaints process!).Ā  A replacement SIM card has fixed the problem.Ā 

Ā 

Thank you anyway.

Userlevel 7
Badge +7

@Gerard Robinson,

Glad to hear that this has been resolved.

If you require further assistance, please let us know.

Kash

Userlevel 5
Badge +6

Hey @Brightonpablo, are you using an iPhone by any chance? If so, could you try the following?

Ā 

1) Turn off iMessage (Settings > Messages)

2) Restart your phone (by pressing and holding the on/off button)

3) Tap Settings > Phone > My Number and confirm that it is correct.

4) If it is not correct, please enter the correct number

5) Turn iMessage back to On (Settings > Messages)

6) Finally, go to Settings > Messages > Send & Receive and see if the correct number is displayed under "Start new conversations from:"

Ā 

Itā€™s also worth following basic troubleshooting steps like powering down the phone, removing the SIM for 15 minutes and trying again. If youā€™re still having issues after that, Iā€™d recommend speaking to the Live Chat team so they can raise a ticket for you.

Ā 

Thank you,

Rory

Why iD Mobile?