Question

placed and order and paid the 1p charge but i never got a confirmation email and am not sure if the order went through

• 27 July 2021
  • 8 replies

i bought an iphone 12 with my dads bank card (with permission) and we paid the 1p charge but i never got a confirmation email and im not sure if the order went through because after the payment was done processing it loaded to the basket page and my order was still their with all my details. could someone please PM me?

This topic has been closed for comments

8 replies

Userlevel 8
Badge +6

Sounds like the order wasn’t processed.

Anyway, someone from ID Mobile will likely respond to your post tomorrow morning and they will be able to confirm if the order was processed correctly or not.

Userlevel 6
Badge +10

Hi @jennyparkoo,

When you made the order with your dad’s bank card, was the order also made in his name or did you make it in your own name? We just need to know before we proceed as if it was made in his name, he’ll have to contact us directly for data protection reasons.

In regards to the order, did you press/see any relevant buttons to complete the order after the payment was verified?

Ryan

the order was made in my name. and after the 1p payment was verified it went straight back to my basket with the order and my details still inside

Hi @jennyparkoo,

When you made the order with your dad’s bank card, was the order also made in his name or did you make it in your own name? We just need to know before we proceed as if it was made in his name, he’ll have to contact us directly for data protection reasons.

In regards to the order, did you press/see any relevant buttons to complete the order after the payment was verified?

Ryan

the order was made in my name. and after the 1p payment was verified it went straight back to my basket with the order and my details still inside

Userlevel 6
Badge +8

Hi @jennyparkoo,

Was the card the 1p was taken from registered to the same name and address as the order you were placing?

Will

Userlevel 8
Badge +6

No @Will and that’s where the problem lies. @jennyparkoo said in a previous post that they used their own details when placing the order but used their fathers debit/credit card to complete the ID verification process. As the card payment is used to confirm the identity of the person placing the order you’re identify couldn’t be verified @jennyparkoo, that’s probably the reason why your order wasn’t successful.

Userlevel 6
Badge +8

Aaahhhh, I see, I must have missed that, cheers @WelshPaul.

Yeah, so that’s it basically @jennyparkoo. The name and address details have to be consistent in that respect, or it flags our Internal Security measures.

Hope that’s cleared everything up

Will

Why iD Mobile?