Solved

Ported number not showing in settings.

• 5 June 2018
  • 4 replies

I've just ported my old number to my new android phone (Honor View 10), This has been successful but the temporary SIM number still shows as my phone number in the 'about phone' settings. The phone is working ok but I'm worried that this anomaly may cause me problems in the future. Does anyone have any idea how to change the number please?
icon

Best answer by Mohammed 7 June 2018, 14:04

View original

4 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +10
Hello @Effdublya,

Welcome to our iD Community.

From what I'm aware of, the number in your handset settings register to the first SIM placed in the phone.
This does not update after a port, however, this should not affect your phone usage.

If you call and text a number, it should be the ported number that shows.

Can you confirm?

Mohammed
Yes that's correct. It's just in the 'settings' that the temporary number resides.

Frank
Userlevel 7
Badge +10
Hi @Effdublya,

Thanks for confirming this.

This would be registered as the first SIM number put in the phone and it's not possible to change this.

If you have any issues with the number you're texting from or calling showing the old number, do let me know.

Mohammed
Userlevel 1
If it’s an iPhone, you can manually edit the number shown in settings. Settings > Phone > My Number - click on the number. I expect it will be the same for Android, but I don’t know how.

Why iD Mobile?