Question

Porting issue

• 1 August 2022
  • 6 replies

Userlevel 1

Hi 

I have just received my new iPhone 13.  

I sent my lax code over and the numbers changed however if I dial out the caller I’d had the new number.  If I text it has the old number.  

I checked your forums and I followed the steps.  I clicked on messages deactivated and restarted the phone.  I went back on phone and noticed it had the old number so tried to amend it but it wouldn’t save.  It now won’t text or make outbound or inbound calls ? 

This topic has been closed for comments

6 replies

Userlevel 8
Badge +9

Okay @Nev Maddison,

Is this your first iPhone?

With your iD SIM card in your new iPhone, is the mobile number you want to keep shown in these places:

1. Settings > Phone > My Number?
  2. Settings > Messages > Send & Receive - START NEW CONVERSATIONS FROM?
  3. Settings > FaceTime - YOU CAN BE REACHED BY FACETIME AT?

If not, I suggest a couple more things are worth a try - firstly:

1. Turn your iPhone OFF and remove the iD SIM.
  2. Leave the phone OFF for at least 15 minutes.
  3. Reinsert the SIM and turn ON your iPhone.
  4. Check the number shown in the 3 settings (Phone, Messages, FaceTime) again.

If this procedure fails, then try a network reset on your iPhone:

1. Go to Settings > General > Transfer or Reset iPhone > Reset.
  2. Choose the Reset Network Settings option.
  3. Check the three Settings again.

You may need to re-enter Wi-Fi passwords and Bluetooth pairing after a network reset.

Userlevel 1

Hi 

ok I did that.  

the number is now under the phone tab and the number is available for face time and message however when you go into either or nothing is selected and it just looks like it’s trying to load.  

I can dial out and it shows as the correct number but can’t receive any incoming calls ?

Userlevel 8
Badge +9

Which of the two procedures did you carry out there @Nev Maddison?

The power OFF - wait - power ON, or the network reset? 

Userlevel 1

Both.  The first step didn’t  work so I did a reset.  Still can’t receive calls or select my correct number which is showing in the phone, message and face time tabs. 

Userlevel 8
Badge +9

Okay @Nev Maddison, is the mobile number you want to keep, and to use with your new iPhone 13 linked to another iPhone you might have owned?

Have you checked your Apple account and iCloud account online?

Userlevel 1

Hi 

all sorted.  Even though I had already received a text saying my number had been transferred.  I received a second text basically saying the transfer of my number had gone through and to restart my phone and the issue was resolved.  

thanks for your help.  

Why iD Mobile?