Question

Replacement SIM apparently activated but not working and NO support

Hi,

I know this is during this period of self-isolation but really lost as to what to do next as there is no ID support. Just before the period of self-isolation, I had to report my teenage daughter's phone as lost and order a replacement SIM. This arrived I placed it into the replacement iPhone 6S and activated it online. All good.

Unfortunately, the SIM does not work and states ‘No Service’. I’ve tried all the advice online and even swapped in the ID Mobile SIM from her brother's identical iPhone 6 and this works perfectly. Been testing and waiting for 7 days now.

As there is no chat or online support now at all, understandably, can anyone advise what to do next?

The only option I can currently think of is to simply cancel the ID account and get a new number/SIM from a company that can help. I would really prefer not to have to do this.

Thanks in advance.

13 replies

Userlevel 3
Badge +5

Hi @jmclusky71 

Sorry about the delay in responding. 

Can you please confirm if this has been resolved.

Regards 

Aklima  

Userlevel 1

Good luck trying to sort that out I’ve had all the same problems as you,live chat has never worked and if you’re lucky enough to get an email from them its every 24 hours for a response.

Like me you’ll get nowhere as ID are happy to take your money for nil service,and insult you further by making a customer free service so they can ignore you.

DISGUSTING!

Userlevel 1

Is it going to be another 24 hour response Emil?

Userlevel 8
Badge +9

Is it going to be another 24 hour response Emil?

Probably, as the iD community is not for real-time messaging.

Use the Live Chat service for real-time responses; iD agents are there 9am - 8pm weekdays and 9am - 6pm weekends - good luck.

Userlevel 8
Badge +9

Hi,

I know this is during this period of self-isolation but really lost as to what to do next as there is no ID support. Just before the period of self-isolation, I had to report my teenage daughter's phone as lost and order a replacement SIM. This arrived I placed it into the replacement iPhone 6S and activated it online. All good.

Unfortunately, the SIM does not work and states ‘No Service’. I’ve tried all the advice online and even swapped in the ID Mobile SIM from her brother's identical iPhone 6 and this works perfectly. Been testing and waiting for 7 days now.

As there is no chat or online support now at all, understandably, can anyone advise what to do next?

The only option I can currently think of is to simply cancel the ID account and get a new number/SIM from a company that can help. I would really prefer not to have to do this.

Thanks in advance.

As you’ve reported your phone lost/stolen, sounds like your iD service is still suspended.

If you’re happy to wait, I’m sure someone from iD will help you here in this community, in due course. Otherwise, use the Live Chat service between 9am - 8pm weekdays to speak to an iD advisor.

If you do use chat, once you’re connected type-in “talk to a person”, to avoid the 24/7 chat-bot.

Anyway, good luck.

Userlevel 1

As I’ve said,live chat service doesnt work,if it did work I wouldnt be here.

Yet at least you’re the only one to tell me that here is a waste of time as well !

This network is as I said ,disgusting.

Userlevel 8
Badge +9

Okay @jmclusky71, sorry to hear you have trouble with iD chat.

All I can say is that I’ve never had any trouble using the chat from my laptop, usually with Firefox or Microsoft Edge browsers. 

Userlevel 1

sorry doesnt really cut it when you havnt had a phone for a week.

Userlevel 8
Badge +9

As I’ve said,live chat service doesnt work,if it did work I wouldnt be here.

Yet at least you’re the only one to tell me that here is a waste of time as well !

This network is as I said ,disgusting.

Maybe the Unable to see the Live chat button? article has something to help you - good luck.

Userlevel 1

Tried all that it just directs you to another waste of time,I wont further waste your time ande as theres no fixing this joke of an outfit.

regards.

Userlevel 8
Badge +9

Okay @jmclusky71, better luck with your next mobile service provider hopefully.

Userlevel 1

I’ve signed up with 1p mobile ande as I’ve still got to pay ID 24.99 a month for another 20 odd months.

Thats the guttner behind it all.

On the bright side t least I have a phone.

Userlevel 6
Badge +8

Hi @josephxyz,

We’ll shortly send you a Private Message to your Community account, so we can discuss your issue further.

To access your messages, click your profile picture in the top right hand corner and then click ‘Private Messages’.

Alternatively, if you are currently logged in, you can use the following link: https://community.idmobile.co.uk/inbox/overview

We’ll see you there.

Will

Why iD Mobile?