Solved

Sim activation

• 7 April 2019
  • 8 replies

New sim card arrived but still getting a not registered on the network.
Checked in my sons phone which is also an id sim/mobile and it doesnt work in there either.

Do I have a duff sim? read elsewhere that the sims are activated before they are sent so dont need any delay to activate. Should I leave it longer or raise an issue?
icon

Best answer by Zabique 9 April 2019, 11:42

View original

8 replies

Same here, ordered sim 4th of April, received sim and it appears to be dead on arrival. Tested in 2 other phones same. Had to contact customer support and after 2nd attempt (first advisor hang up after vanishing to talk to other department) and 10min on the phone trying to find my account they figured out that sim wasn't activated on ID end, and it will take 24h to activate it.
Userlevel 1
I am having the exact same issue. After waiting on hold trying to get it resolved, I was told that their activation process was experiencing issues and it could not be fixed over the phone.
Nearly 24h and nothing has changed. One the phone to them again...

update:
I took sim out of the phone to read the serial number, after putting it back into the phone, SIM was activated!
Userlevel 6
Badge +10
Hi @Zabique,

I'm glad to see that this is now resolved for you.

@nexus1972 & @Jkelly0305,

We have been experiencing a few system issues recently which could have affected the activations. Please can you contact our Live Chat team here if you are still having issues with your SIM cards? They may need a manual activation.

Ryan
Userlevel 1

@nexus1972 & @Jkelly0305,

Please can you contact our Live Chat team here if you are still having issues with your SIM cards? They may need a manual activation.

The live chat feature of your website has never been available any of the times that I have checked it in the last two days. Do the live chat agents have the ability to perform activations that your phone agents cannot?
Userlevel 6
Badge +10
Hi @Jkelly0305,

Our phone agents and Live Chat agents all have the same capabilities so you can opt to call us, however sometimes the Live Chat is the easier method, when there is availability of course.

Ryan

Very fed up after having the phone for a few weeks firstly not actually getting a SIM card with the phone! Now no network I’ve tried for days to try and sort this. Not been able to get through on the phone. After much research I’ve got to activate the sim??? Well I threw the packaging away. Can’t get a text to verify the phone as I’ve obviously no network!!! Extremely annoyed wasted days on this crap.

Userlevel 3
Badge +5

Hi @Hume05 

Sorry to hear this the team can give you the code via the chat.

Please contact Live Chat team are available for account related support.

They’re available between 9am – 8pm Monday to Friday and 9am- 6pm Saturday and Sunday.

Unfortunately, were working on a reduced staff due to COVID-19, and the team are extremely busy, so the Live Chat button may not always appear as `available`. If so, it may be a matter of waiting on the page, until the button appears blue, indicating that an agent is available. No need to refresh the page, this will happen automatically.

Aklima

Why iD Mobile?