Solved

Sim network unlock NCK

• 18 December 2019
  • 11 replies

I've just installed my new Sim card. It tells me that i need a Sim network unlock NCK to access the Sim. How would I find this out? 

icon

Best answer by Mohammed 20 December 2019, 14:03

View original

11 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +10

Hello @Jasminejb,

This is usually displayed when the handset is locked to the previous network. 

If you contact your previous network provider, they can arrange for the handset to be unlocked so you can use the device on our network.

Mohammed

I have an iPhone 5s with id but no longer have a contract with them any more. When i put a new sim in the phone it says “this sim network is kot

supported “. Now that all the call Center’s are closed how can o get this phone unlocked by them?? Please help 

Userlevel 7
Badge +10

Hello @Nybee,

Have you managed to get this sorted or did you still need assistance?

We should still be able to unlock the handset for you.

Mohammed

@Mohammed thank you got your reply. No I haven’t solved the issue. It’s still a problem as we can’t use the new SIM card in that device. If you could help that would be fantastic. 

@Mohammed  please help if you can 

Userlevel 4
Badge +2

Hi @Nybee 

I’ve sent you a direct message with further information.

Pearl

Thank you 

Hello I just added my new SIM it is asking for NCK?

My PAC from my previous provider has letters and numbers?

What should i do?

Userlevel 6
Badge +4

Hi @MistryEla 

This would be a network unlock pin. Is the phone you are trying to use purchased from iD Mobile or from a different provider?

-Mohsin

Hi Mohsin, my phone is from a different provider. My contract finishes on the 19th of this month so will try then.

Thanks

Userlevel 4
Badge +10

Howdy @MistryEla, it should be no bother for your existing provider to unlock the phone for you now generally speaking.

It usually takes about 4-7 days for an unlock to be done, and I don’t believe any network provider should require you have completed the entire 24-month contract before they’d unlock it.

Why iD Mobile?