Question

sim not working

• 2 March 2021
  • 5 replies

Hi I brought a new phone the other day with carphone warehouse and ID as the provider. For some reason the sim says no service I have tired it in my old phone to and also says this. I put my old sim into the phone and no problem just the ID which doesn’t work or have service. I have tried all the steps to get it to work but nothing works. The number on the back of the sim is 21509007012 I just can’t seem to get anything to work any ideas ? Many thanks Kieran 

This topic has been closed for comments

5 replies

Userlevel 6
Badge +10

Hi @Kieranstrange1012,

We’re sorry to hear about this. When buying a new contract, the SIM card should be activated automatically. We will send you a PM to help further.

Ryan

My wife dropped her phone in the loo - whoops

the recovered SIM, from the dead phone, does not appear to work

How do I order a new sim for her (I set up, and pay for the account and have her phone number)

Martin Wilks

Userlevel 6
Badge +8

Hi @martwilk,

Is the actual contract in your name, or that of your wife?

Will

Hello Will

I think it is in my name: Martin Wilks

I pay £5 in the second week of the month - she uses it very little

Her number is 07400409085, her name is Mary Foord-Brown, though you may not have that?

It is important to her that she continues to keep this number

Userlevel 6
Badge +4

Hi @martwilk 

The quickest way to order a replacement sim would be to speak to our Live Chat | iD Mobile Network team. We are also contactable through Facebook and Twitter and a replacement sim can be arranged through there. If you are sitll having issues, please let us know and we will send you a Private Message through here.

-Mohsin

Why iD Mobile?