Solved

Sim not working following a port

• 18 January 2021
  • 10 replies

I’ve had no end of problems with ID.

I’ve only just stated using the sim after a month of waiting  and today  i finally had  my number switched over. 4 hours down the line after registering and now its not working just a sim symbol coming up and emergency call only.

Any help would be much appreciated 

Arron

icon

Best answer by Ryan 20 January 2021, 15:19

View original

This topic has been closed for comments

10 replies

I’ve had no end of problems with ID.

I’ve only just stated using the sim after a month of waiting  and today  i finally had  my number switched over. 4 hours down the line after registering and now its not working just a sim symbol coming up and emergency call only.

Any help would be much appreciated 

Arron

Userlevel 7
Badge +10

Hello @Arron 012,

Whilst this may sound really basic, have you tried restarting this? As this is what it takes sometimes to update the service following a number port.

Mohammed

Yes mate, many time and cleaned the sim. No luck. 

Userlevel 6
Badge +10

Hi @Arron 012,

A SIM symbol showing may mean that the phone is not reading the SIM card. We will send you a PM so we can view your account to see if there is a problem on our side.

Ryan

Edit: I can see that we have sent you a PM already so we will respond there.

Userlevel 1

Hello there,

I am also having this issue. Did this resolve by itself or did you need a new sim? 

Many thanks! 

Userlevel 6
Badge +10

Hi @Just_jo,

Have you tested if the SIM card is working inside another device? This will help us discover where the fault may lie.

Ryan

Userlevel 1

Hi Ryan,

I have tried it in a different phone and it still isn't working. 

I spoke on the live chat with someone and they said it can sometimes take a few days to start to work. 

They have sent me a replacement sim just in case that's what it is. 

In the mean time I have got a pay and go sim from giffgaff, so that I am not without a phone. But I am quite disappointed that this has happened. 

Does the number port usually leave you with no access to your sim for a few days? The sim was working prior to the number port. 

Thanks for your help

Userlevel 6
Badge +10

Hi @Just_jo,

A number port wouldn’t usually cause our SIM card to stop working because you will be able to use the temporary number until the new number comes across.

I’m just checking, it is the iD Mobile SIM card that you have inside the phone? I fully assume you do, I just like to ask as I have seen people in the past still using their old network SIM card which does die after a port because we have taken the number of course.

Ryan

Userlevel 1

Hi @Ryan 

Yes, I have a dual sim device (unlocked of course) that I had my previous contract sim and my new iD sim in. 

I now have the new giffgaff and the iD sim in. I keep restarting etc, have cleaned the sim and also checked positioning. 

I am honestly baffled! 

Thanks for your help on this 

Userlevel 6
Badge +8

Hi @Just_jo,

Could you try just using the iD SIM card in the handset on its own please and let us know if that makes a difference at all?

Will

Why iD Mobile?