Solved

SIM only - phone locked by old operator

• 17 April 2018
  • 3 replies

Userlevel 1
I have a new ID SIM only in an old phone, when I took the SIM out in store the sales assistant told me they'd obtained the PAC? from my old operator (O2) but my phone still states locked by operator-No service can anyone tell me how to fix this...I'm paying for ID and can't use it - I also can't register on ID as when they send me security code they send it to the phone number I have no access to
icon

Best answer by Mohammed 19 April 2018, 15:03

View original

3 replies

Userlevel 4
The PAC code is an authorisation code that allows iD Mobile to port over your number from O2 to iD. In addition to this, the contract from O2 gets closed.

The PAC code does not unlock network locked devices. This is a different matter and will need to be dealt with your previous carrier.

Take a look at O2's advice or contact them explaining the situation. They should unlock the device remotely (if it is any iPhone) or provide an NUC code which you would enter to unlock the handset.

They may require your IMEI number and your O2 account number, so keep these handy from previous bills.

https://www.o2.co.uk/help/phones-sims-and-devices/unlocking-an-o2-mobile-to-use-on-a-different-network
Userlevel 7
Badge +10
Hello @Laney M,

@DeliriousMetro Henri has answered this one for me above.

You'll need to get your handset (iPhone) unlocked first by the network it's locked to before you can use the iD SIM in your phone.

Mohammed
Userlevel 1
Thank you all phone now unlocked and up n running xx

Why iD Mobile?