Solved

SIM will not register in old(ish) phone

• 6 September 2019
  • 2 replies

Userlevel 1
My mother in law has a Doro 506 large button phone that is unlocked but will not recognise the iD mobile SIM at all. The SIM works fine in a modern smartphone but is completely non-functioning in her phone.

She absolutely will not use any other phone! She has 4 of these (3 spare) so if the SIM will not work I am left with no choice to but to cancel the contract and she'll back on GiffGaff (which works perfectly). A shame as it will have been a complete waste of time.

If you've supplied something that can't be used, do I get my money back?! What do I do? Cancel immediately?
icon

Best answer by Gregor 7 September 2019, 00:20

View original

2 replies

Userlevel 8
Badge +9
Hey @grom576

Unfortunately Doro 506 is not compatible with iD Mobile Sim Card because it does not support 3G connection that is required for iD Mobile to work. They are using masts provided by Three network and this is 3G network.

Doro 506 support only 2G connection which means that iD, Three, Smarty and FreedomPop won't work on this phone.

You can request to cancel your contract if you are within 30 days return period or give them 30 days notice after the return period (I assume it is Sim Only deal that you have). You can cancel your Sim by contacting iD Mobile directly. More details can be found here.

Kind Regards.
Userlevel 1
Yes it's SIM only. A shame as it this would have been ideal for her - all she ever does it text!

Many thanks for your help.

Why iD Mobile?